Muse on The Graham Norton Show 05/06/15

Mattestro

Well, that's what happens when all of their singles lately stick to the lite pop sounds.

I don't even think their singles really sound alike though.

I'm glad Matt and Dom got over to the couch and made a couple of jokes, even if it was only for a minute. They handled themselves well. I'm always afraid that Muse will get an absolute ribbing if they ever go on a show like this. :LOL:

I love it when Muse get a chance to show their personalities, since people assume they take themselves way more seriously than they actually do.

ETA: They always pick at least one proper rock song as a single, and I would think they'd want to show that this is a heavier album, so I hope they choose The Handler.

Edited by funkadelic

Have to wait until a week from tomorrow to watch this, probably. :erm: Lame BBC bullcrap.

And Matt, at least, strikes me as a guy who enjoys pointless swearing and dick jokes, and giggling like a school girl at his own jokes.

Never was sure how people think the band takes themselves so damn seriously, considering some of the music they make, their stage shows, etc.

I mean, Matt said he was jealous of Bono wearing a suit made out of laser pointers...

Have to wait until a week from tomorrow to watch this, probably. :erm: Lame BBC bullcrap.

And Matt, at least, strikes me as a guy who enjoys pointless swearing and dick jokes, and giggling like a school girl at his own jokes.

Never was sure how people think the band takes themselves so damn seriously, considering some of the music they make, their stage shows, etc.

I mean, Matt said he was jealous of Bono wearing a suit made out of laser pointers...

It usually appears on youtube pretty quickly, though the quality isn't great.

That's always confused me too, honestly. I guess because a lot of rock stars really are that pretentious? I don't know. Some people need to lighten up. As frustrating as they may be sometimes, I'm glad we have a band like Muse around to do the silly things they do.

EDIT: Here it is. :happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13sUoqTo_I4

Edited by funkadelic

It usually appears on youtube pretty quickly, though the quality isn't great.

That's always confused me too, honestly. I guess because a lot of rock stars really are that pretentious? I don't know. Some people need to lighten up. As frustrating as they may be sometimes, I'm glad we have a band like Muse around to do the silly things they do.

EDIT: Here it is. :happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13sUoqTo_I4

:chuckle: Yeah, I loved that interview. Laser porcupine! And their interviews are always fun to watch. But I think a lot of the pretentious observations come from using a slightly enhanced vocabulary than the average person.

Kevin-Hart-Takes-Big-Words-As-Disrespect-In-40-Year-Old-Virgin.jpg

Thanks for sharing the video. :happy:

Edited by JessicaSarahS