5.1 Remastered Albums in BluRay vs Unreleased Live Shows in Box Set

Finn.

5.1 Remastered Albums in BluRay vs Unreleased Live Shows  

46 members have voted

1. 1. 5.1 Remastered Albums in BluRay vs Unreleased Live Shows

• The Albums Remastered
    • A Boxset of Live Shows

Remastered albums, because 90% of the songs are mediocre at best in regards to mastering/mixing, but I don't see the point of 5.1...

Remasters these days are trash since they just make everything louder --> clipping --> worse than the original. 5.1 allows for an immersive experience. The Resistance in 5.1 was solid, although a better album would've been more fun.

Yesterday I saw on iTunes that all of Muse's albums are mastered for iTunes. Not sure if there's any real difference between them and the CDs though.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I did sample the 'Mastered' 'Stockholm Syndrome' on iTunes, and i thought it sounded enhanced, but not sure if it's just my imagination (used iPad) If they are truly 'Mastered', I'll happily buy them again; Especially Absolution :)

As for topic question, both would be wonderful, but.... albums please, as I Iisten to stuff more than I watch.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I did sample the 'Mastered' 'Stockholm Syndrome' on iTunes, and i thought it sounded enhanced, but not sure if it's just my imagination (used iPad) If they are truly 'Mastered', I'll happily buy them again; Especially Absolution :).

That explains it. If is true is indeed good news.

http://www.justmastering.com/article-masteredforitunes.php

How many and which live shows are we talking about? Haha

Most remasters are shit anyways but a 5.1 OoS sounds interesting...

Shit, I forgot. I'll send those to you sometime soon.

Also, I'd prefer a "remastered" version of Showbiz/Origin/Absolution with Matt's "new voice". I'd say "imagine how good Uno would sound in 2015" but we've already seen it.

For anyone curious, Origin/Absolution/Black Holes/The 2nd Law in 5.1 DTS do unofficially exist and they're floating around.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

• 4 years later...
On 5/27/2015 at 5:46 PM, Alexander DeLarge said:

Shit, I forgot. I'll send those to you sometime soon.

Also, I'd prefer a "remastered" version of Showbiz/Origin/Absolution with Matt's "new voice". I'd say "imagine how good Uno would sound in 2015" but we've already seen it.

For anyone curious, Origin/Absolution/Black Holes/The 2nd Law in 5.1 DTS do unofficially exist and they're floating around.

I have a copy of OoS in 5.1, as a DTS-CD, and I have been looking for others with no real results. I purchased the Limited Edition box of The Resistance, which should be here in a couple weeks, and it contains a 5.1 mix. I found a download of Absolution in 5.1 but it did not work, and I found another of BHaR in 5.1 which was a dead link. If anyone knows where to find these, I'd love to find out. I must admit that the OoS 5.1 mix is not particularly good, but I would imagine The Resistance will be awesome, considering it's an official release.

From my understanding, OoS, Absolution's 5.1 mixes are upmixes made from isolating individual tracks from the stereo recordings, which would explain why the OoS one does not sound like Muse-quality engineering. To be fair, for one of my favorite bands, the engineering wasn't stellar on OoS or Showbiz, but they're still amazing albums. I really want Absolution in 5.1 most of all.

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2020 at 8:18 AM, Astacide said:

I have a copy of OoS in 5.1, as a DTS-CD, and I have been looking for others with no real results. I purchased the Limited Edition box of The Resistance, which should be here in a couple weeks, and it contains a 5.1 mix. I found a download of Absolution in 5.1 but it did not work, and I found another of BHaR in 5.1 which was a dead link. If anyone knows where to find these, I'd love to find out. I must admit that the OoS 5.1 mix is not particularly good, but I would imagine The Resistance will be awesome, considering it's an official release.

From my understanding, OoS, Absolution's 5.1 mixes are upmixes made from isolating individual tracks from the stereo recordings, which would explain why the OoS one does not sound like Muse-quality engineering. To be fair, for one of my favorite bands, the engineering wasn't stellar on OoS or Showbiz, but they're still amazing albums. I really want Absolution in 5.1 most of all.

Yeah The Resistance 5.1 is awesome. The backing vocals (whispers) on Undisclosed Desires in the rear speakers is so good. I didn't think an OoS 5.1 existed, you got a pic of the cover? 

I've been practicing mastering lately, I made a Stockholm Syndrome 5.1 track from stems.  Same for Muscle Museum , Plug In Baby...

Hi there! Glad to hear SOMEONE has a copy of the Resistance in 5.1 :) I purchased the box LP for $180, thinking it was in there, but it was not. The LP bundle is amazing in its own right, but I really only bought it for the 5.1 mix. Unfortunately, the OoS 5.1 mix was not official, and was from a download 😬 I own 0 official 5.1 muse mixes and only 1 altogether, but if I’m honest, the mix not not good. I’d love to find a way to get ahold of the resistance for sure.