This is what we decided to do. Still a bit difficult with kids still living at home but at some point we'll just bring them all along I guess.

I wish my parents did the same to me :( I had to discover all the bands and music by myself. Atleast I can say that I discovered what I like by my own and wasnt forced into some genre but well I wish they had atleast some music taste besides French love ballads :LOL:

This is what we decided to do. Still a bit difficult with kids still living at home but at some point we'll just bring them all along I guess.

We (their children) are all grown up now and moved away so they tend to go alone, though when I was younger they took me to a lot of gigs. I appreciated it :p. First gig was with Dad to see Pulp.

what's wrong with everyone? nobody can take a ribbing anymore. we don't have to all rush in and white knight the poor UK non-attendees of this music festival. relax.

I'm relaxed, thank you. I'm not from or in the UK, so I am allowed to not be there, I guess. :LOL:

I wish I was, though.

But... He's right. 8 hour drive at the most along with a fantastic public transport system? As long as money isn't an issue, I don't think there's much of an excuse either.

And if those people are following the thread on the board and the tweets while getting genuinely upset, I doubt it.

Shut the fuck up.

Edited by mattestro.

But... He's right. 8 hour drive at the most along with a fantastic public transport system? As long as money isn't an issue, I don't think there's much of an excuse either.

I guess this is true if you don't have a life outside of Muse.

We (their children) are all grown up now and moved away so they tend to go alone, though when I was younger they took me to a lot of gigs. I appreciated it :p. First gig was with Dad to see Pulp.

Our oldest' s first gig was Muse ha-ha. But we took him to alt j this fall, and he's got a job and will have his drivers license this summer so he's off and running on his own now for gigs.

Money or some kind of unbreakable obligation sure. I missed a Muse set in 2005 where Crying Shame was played (among other good stuff) here in STL because I had to work and my only possible replacement for my job at the time was in another state.

Stunningly, there are other events in peoples' lives which are more important than going to a music festival.

people have mentioned a few good 'excuses' and there are tons more. people don't live for muse gigs, you know

Some people have things to do besides scheduling their lives around a band's tour.

Exaaaactly.

If I'd said 'stfu' would I have still got a warning? Not questioning a mods decision, obv. I'm cool with that yellow card.

I guess this is true if you don't have a life outside of Muse.

Come on, how much of a life can you have if you're posting on the Muse fan club forum about how upset you are that they're playing rare songs, as they happen.

Seems like that time would be better spent actually being there and enjoying it over this.

Come on, how much of a life can you have if you're posting on the Muse fan club forum about how upset you are that they're playing rare songs, as they happen.

Seems like that time would be better spent actually being there and enjoying it over this.

Fuck logic, am I right?

Exaaaactly.

If I'd said 'stfu' would I have still got a warning? Not questioning a mods decision, obv. I'm cool with that yellow card.

I'll say it again. It is one day lol. One event. That we've known about for months in advance. You guys have never planned for one event ahead in advance? Are you fucking serious?