he seemed to be holding back on the vocals never straining or pushing himself more than absolutely necessary. He sounded like having good control through the ending of both DI and TH.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

I had really good sound quality where I was and I agree with this except I did notice that in the first v. high note in The Handler his voice grated, which is such a weird sound to hear in a falsetto note. The second time he went for the note it was pure but he shortened it.

he seemed to be holding back on the vocals never straining or pushing himself more than absolutely necessary. He sounded like having good control through the ending of both DI and TH. Doing "Freedom is mine" during FG in falsetto makes it quite obvious that he doesn't even try to push himself on the higher sustained chest notes.

It's interesting though that generally his chest voice is stronger than his falsetto at the moment. Also he's been doing the Feeling Good stuff in falsetto since last year, he just doesn't seem to be able to confidently sing above a G#4 live in chest voice anymore.

Front row of Block 111..so seated block right next to the central stage. I stood and danced throughout of course!

That's what I imagined could be the case. I'm no expert on acoustics, but I can imagine it's not ideal standing in the middle since basically the speakers are above you and facing towards the seats. Maybe the soundwaves hits the walls and then being redirected back to the middle from all sides.

That's right but he had a year break in advance of that tour. You could even at that time notice small things that he struggled with that he wouldn't have just a year before. Now he has been touring for a year possibly wearing his voice even more down if there was an issue in the first place.

Maybe, but a complication to the voice can affect in different ways. If there's restrictions in the throat, it will demand more air and power to sustain a note that would be easier without it. I'm no doctor so it'll only be speculations

Anyone know how he's been doing with Map lately? I remember finding it particularly worrying/sad when he was struggling with the G4s in that around the start of the Euro leg.
Takes a bit more effort than we're used and they get shorter and shorter the further into the song you get. At least at Birmingham. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJCu0Teb_aM&t=3m18s Can't even really reach that last one.

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know the pre-show songs before Matt starts with Psycho?

Thank you, Riccardo.

Well, technically there's loads but if you're asking what's played just before the show starts (or as the guards walk in) it's Dance Of The Knights atm. Used to be Straight Outta Compton on the US leg.

• 2 months later...