iHeart Radio Interview + Release Party

Mattestro

Thats pretty cool he said "I haven't been able to say that in a while" or something to that effect. Makes me even more pumped for the album. After hearing 4 songs (2 studio version's, 4 Live Version's) so far I'd say its on track to contend for somewhere in there top 3 or 4 albums depending on how the other 5 or 6 songs are of course. But based on those first 4 songs this is the best i've felt about a new muse album since Absolution and thats saying something considering I was only disappointed by the 2nd law which I still liked to a degree.

Seriously though, what else is he supposed to say?

"It's not our BEST album, but it's pretty good, plz buy it, plz"

There are more complicated structures than "This is a(n) [adjective] album". He can actually discuss things more specifically than in all of these vague interviews, but never does.

Objectivity?

Well usually when some says "this is the best of x" or whatever, that's usually interpreted as "this is my favourite."

Seriously though, what else is he supposed to say?

"It's not our BEST album, but it's pretty good, plz buy it, plz"

He could have used more objective terms, rather than making it sound like an opinion.

Well usually when some says "this is the best of x" or whatever, that's usually interpreted as "this is my favourite."

He could have used more objective terms, rather than making it sound like an opinion.

Usually interpreted by who? The word "best" doesn't mean "favorite", the latter is far more subjective. One can say something is objectively the best, while it might not be someone's favorite thing. They aren't always one and the same. Speaking about a band's repertoire as a whole saying "best" says more about the album rather than calling it his "favorite" as the latter says nothing about the album's content.

He did say he "hadn't been able to say that in a while." Interesting. Unless he meant, you know, in the last 3 years or so. :chuckle:

Yeah, I picked up on that as well. Maybe suggesting he wasn't too happy with T2L or TR? It'd make sense given the desire to go back to their 'old sound', coupled with the lack of material from those albums at recent gigs.

I mean, we all know he's said he thought they were starting to go "too far" with their music... but I think it would be really weird if he was actually saying the last couple of albums were sub-par.

Well I'm sure he was joking, but he did say something like "This album's a good place to start, just forget about the others." :LOL:

Link wouldn't work, is this it?

Yes, thanks. I edited the first post to include it. :)

Edited by Furygirl

he always says that about each new album

by the way he said Mercy is his favorite song from Drones

last album he said Follow Me was his favorite, I think

He said Madness was the song he was most proud of.

In the interview after the iHeartRadio show on Saturday, Matt actually said The Handler was his favourite song from Drones.

I've never heard/seen Matt say Mercy was his favourite, it's always varied between The Globalist and The Handler from what I've heard/seen

I've never heard/seen Matt say Mercy was his favourite, it's always varied between The Globalist and The Handler from what I've heard/seen

that's what he said on the stage at iHeart theater when describing Mercy :LOL:

I don't believe a word he says