Muse's arena tour to feature 360 degree round stage?

JessicaSarahS

Band's upcoming shows grow more ambitious

Wednesday 22nd April 2015 by Andrew Trendell | Photos by WENN

More details have emerged about Muse's upcoming arena tour, and it looks like the band might be incorporating a 360 degree round stage.

Last week, the band revealed that they were hoping to fly drones over the head of the audience - in keeping with the title and themes of their new album.

Now, fans have noted that tickets on sale for upcoming Mexican arena shows on Ticketmaster show a seating plan with a 360 degree in the round stage in the centre of the venue - similar to that of U2's past tour, on which Muse supported them. See the plan below.

muse_ticketmaster_plan_600.jpg

Last week, frontman Matt Bellamy told Los Angeles Radio Station Alt 98.7 that they'd be going one step further on top of their already highly ambitious stage production to incorporate 'flying objects' into the year ahead's live shows.

"We always like to use the modern technology in our shows, the latest video screens or light shows, lasers, whatever is out there," said Bellamy. "Drones are obviously an interesting thing to try to bring into the live show so we're going to try and do that.

"There's going to be some difficulty with red tape of health and safety about flying things over, but the general thing idea is that as the tour starts that we'll be using flying objects."

Last month, Muse this week completed their intimate Psycho tour - check out eight things we learned from the shows here.

Muse will release Drones on 8 June - the month they headline Download Festival alongside Slipknot, Kiss, Marilyn Manson and many more. See here for tickets and information or win tickets here.

Meanwhile, the band have also been confirmed to head BBC Radio One's Big Weekend in Norwich, and have also announced a string of US tour dates

http://www.gigwise.com/news/99894/muse-arena-tour-to-feature-360-degree-round-stage---tickets

Gotta think that the arena they're playing is a very odd shape. Maybe the 360 stage is just a one off. Couldn't imagine them doing this in the Leeds arena! It would obviously work in the O2, Wembley, Glasgow etc.

Instalaciones_PalaciodelosDeportesMexico_S-200Sport_011.jpg

I wish they could go with my idea of the band being suspended from drones.

Edited by Destroya

this is very likely. other gigs have the stage at one end which makes a lot of the seats useless. so they might have done this to have more people in specially since there are two nights which means they're expecting sell outs.

As far as I know the arena stage is still being designed so I wouldn't count on this being that.

Designing a totally different stage for Mexico wouldn't make sense at all, yeah. Especially with the amount of work they typically put into visuals and the money they put into the production.

Problem with this "eliminating" the bad seats is that when bands do center stage like that, there either still IS a backside where you see the back of the equipment and the band (if they're not blocked by the equipment) except for the rare occasion someone does a lap around the stage (only difference being you paid the highest ticket cost instead of the lowest to sit around the back) or the band is positioned at different places/band moves around inbetween songs, meaning everyone gets a relatively shitty view.

If I'm paying to see a band I like, especially if it's pricy, I want at least a fighting chance of getting a decent view, or I might as well stay home and watch the YouTube videos.

I doubt it's common with a band who's stage shows are as elaborate as Muse, though?

They couldn't cut a profit making a complicated stage show and then not using it for more than a couple of gigs, and then making a whole new one for the next round of shows.

They already do different set ups for arenas vs stadium.

I would anticipate the next round of gigs being announced and sold after the album release, so still kind of a long ways to go.

We've already seen it... they should just fucking say something in an interview about it.