2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

I just called Webster Hall to ask if there were any rules about lining up before the show. The person I talked to was pretty clueless. He said we can't line up in front when they're loading things, and that the line usually moves somewhere else during that time. But he didn't know where, he told me to just pick a spot. I asked if people are allowed to line up very early or even overnight and he had no idea.

Does anyone here know more about Webster Hall queueing rules than the person that actually works there? I don't want to show up only to be told I can't line up that early. Also, is it pretty self explanatory where to line up?

So are we all going to be awkward in the waiting line going like

"Oh...yeah I'm so and so from the forums..y-yea..."

That's how I thought it'd be as well. I guess it depends who you talk to but the people I met were pretty decent and it was nowhere near as awkward as I was expecting. I didn't mention who I was on the forum or anything, just chatted as one fan to another, don't know how I would've survived the 9-10 hour wait otherwise.

Some of the things I heard other people in the queue talking about made me cringe like crazy though so maybe choose who you talk to wisely :chuckle:

Also, is it pretty self explanatory where to line up?

Not really. When I was there for a show at the marlin room (rather than the grand ballroom or any of the others) there were separate queues for the shows going on that night, and I don't recall the entrances being labeled or anything like that...if they were, it wasn't obvious, as it took me a good five minutes to find the right queue.

I imagine if everyone's lined up in one place they'll just move us to the correct area though.

That's how I thought it'd be as well. I guess it depends who you talk to but the people I met were pretty decent and it was nowhere near as awkward as I was expecting. I didn't mention who I was on the forum or anything, just chatted as one fan to another, don't know how I would've survived the 9-10 hour wait otherwise.

Some of the things I heard other people in the queue talking about made me cringe like crazy though so maybe choose who you talk to wisely :chuckle:

Oh gods, so much of this!

hi! We had a chat running during the Uk tour and people who went to the concerts tweeted about it...will someone do this on this tour as well?

I wonder if anyone will periscope it. We're not queuing, will probably be somewhere at the back of the floor near the bar, so I don't expect to get any good video.

Crazy amped for this!!!! Ahhh!! 4 hour drive tomorrow!

I second the sunscreen advice...

gonna be interesting guessing which of you in line are from the boards :) i am such a newbie to the boards here so I doubt anyone's very interested in me however. :p

Is this gig going to be broadcasted on radio?

SiriusXM Alt Nation has said nothing, meaning the answer is likely no. They recently broadcast a Kodaline gig, and promoted it aggressively for a few days.

not until 6ish. considering size of the venue not too worried about where i stand. plus im 6'4 i dont wanna make the entire crowd wanna chop my head off

haha I'm 6'2 and every concert I've been to there's always a 4'10-5'0 girl bitching about me.