2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

I knew kroq would have tickets... Guess I'm driving up to Sherman oaks if I miss out tomorrow. This is real shitty for the fans so far though, hope Muse is aware.

What is in Sherman Oaks?

ugh rich people

Flight is like $300 so you don't have to be rich, just dedicated!

Edited by JessicaSarahS
Merge

Flight is like $300 so you don't have to be rich, just dedicated!

200 bucks for 2 tickets (he may have gotten one or two more) & 300 bucks for a flight?

I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. Not to mention other expenses, no matter how minute.

This from a page back:

Do you guys think this will be a contest thing? Like answering questions about Muse? Or will it be lottery?

I may go tomorrow, of I can't get tickets in the morning.

Edited by JessicaSarahS
Merge

Do you guys think this will be a contest thing? Like answering questions about Muse? Or will it be lottery?

I may go tomorrow, of I can't get tickets in the morning.

I dunno. Around here, it's usually a -spin the wheel and get a crappy radio station bracelet instead of the tickets you wanted- kind of thing. But SF stations might be different than LA.

200 bucks for 2 tickets (he may have gotten one or two more) & 300 bucks for a flight?

I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. Not to mention other expenses, no matter how minute.

Yeah, I've been there too. I'm at a fortunate point in life where I've got a good job and the freedom (or lack of commitments, same thing?) to do stuff like this. It won't last forever, taking advantage of it now.

I'm really hoping for good sets. I went to LA Rising thinking it'd have to be a heavy setlist. I mean they were playing with RATM, I feel like that was a good bet. :(

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2011/los-angeles-memorial-coliseum-los-angeles-ca-5bd0a31c.html

I am not going to be able to sleep tonight thinking about how bad I want to get tickets tomorrow during the general sale.

There's not a thread on the iHeartRadio show. Does anyone have any insight on how those tickets will get distributed? The website mentions something about a chance for members.

I'm really hoping for good sets. I went to LA Rising thinking it'd have to be a heavy setlist. I mean they were playing with RATM, I feel like that was a good bet. :(

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2011/los-angeles-memorial-coliseum-los-angeles-ca-5bd0a31c.html

THIS

Honestly, I've seen the same songs over and over. Hopefully we get some variety in this setlist.

$600 for two airline tickets and $200 for two tickets would have been all the spending money I had for the rest of the year, tbh. More to do with a bad economy /job market than dedication.

I still would have done it, given the chance, though. :(

Different situation for different folks. Being able to split the cost with a second helps too.

Hopefully they cap the general ticket sales by geo. 50% going to SoCal etc.

Not going to happen. It would be way to involved and would be a huge mess. People get tickets but give them up when entering their CC info etc.

It will be whoever gets them :(

Edited by JessicaSarahS
Merge

I called Axs and they said that only 15% of the tickets were sold during the presale. :rolleyes:

That's sort of my point, really.

The band clearly tailors these small gig sets to "hardcore fans" but that's not really backed up by the ticket allotments, which is fine, but then don't in turn use that as an excuse for the sort of night and day setlists we see between the small shows, and the "real" gigs, when 85% of the crowd came out of radio contests and general sales.

And NY had more tickets allotted because of the cock up, and many people gave up before that.

Yeah, I've been there too. I'm at a fortunate point in life where I've got a good job and the freedom (or lack of commitments, same thing?) to do stuff like this. It won't last forever, taking advantage of it now.

I seem to recall during a radio interview Mat mentioning that they would do similar shows to the UK shows in LA and NY. This was before the announcement of the shows, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the set will be comparable to what they played in the UK.

Also, good luck to everyone today!!