2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

So for those who got in, is it best to get one browser in the waiting room and use a second one to refresh the page to skip the waiting room? Now I need to explain this process to a friend because I have a meeting at 10am tomorrow. Grr.

u know people here sold their codes, or scalpers are on the board signed up for offers like this.

there's one on ebay now

sorry for pessimism but I think having 24 hours advance notice allowed people to make some extra $ on the deal versus just immediate or shorter notice for the onsale.

sucks we couldn't get tix, but i'll live with the outcome as long as actual fans ended up getting tix. presumably, scalpers can't circumvent the system requiring attendees to present IDs and credit cards, right? there's no second-hand market for these tix?

I hope so too. My fear is there will be a large percentage of corporate invites which should effectively suck the crowd energy. Nevertheless I still want to be there!

So for those who got in, is it best to get one browser in the waiting room and use a second one to refresh the page to skip the waiting room? Now I need to explain this process to a friend because I have a meeting at 10am tomorrow. Grr.

I didn't get in, but this seems correct based on what I observed.

u know people here sold their codes, or scalpers are on the board signed up for offers like this.

sorry for pessimism but I think having 24 hours advance notice allowed people to make some extra $ on the deal versus just immediate or shorter notice for the onsale.

Scalpers couldn't have signed up just for this, because you would have had to already had a Muse.mu account prior to the announcement to get the code.

But if people sold their codes, or if scalpers already had accounts, then that's another story.

Some may prefer the "first come first serve" system (ala Ticketmaster), but I really highly doubt that's how it actually works during a high demand sale anyway. If you get in, lucky you. But it's always been luck of the draw for me on TM/LN type sites.

Yup.

They really need to do away with their waiting room. So much bullshit. :mad:

I wonder if there will be any tickets that become available the night of the show due to people showing up without the proper ID at Will Call? I suppose since the tickets were technically already sold, the box office couldn't sell them again...

i didn't get them, but it said i got in. whats going on?

i managed to get belfast but i can't get them in my town???

This is the annoying part about it for me. I have a better chance of going to a show in Houston than where I actually live because it's LA, and there will be a bunch of people from wherever else going while I'm at home like minutes away.

I bet there are people who have tickets to both NY and LA while we're sitting here out of luck lol

Scalpers couldn't have signed up just for this, because you would have had to already had a Muse.mu account prior to the announcement to get the code.

But if people sold their codes, or if scalpers already had accounts, then that's another story.

Some may prefer the "first come first serve" system (ala Ticketmaster), but I really highly doubt that's how it actually works during a high demand sale anyway. If you get in, lucky you. But it's always been luck of the draw for me on TM/LN type sites.

If people sold their codes to other fans attending the shows, that wouldn't really bother me. Even if scalpers already had accounts, though, people who buy from them wouldn't be able to get in because they wouldn't have the matching credit card + ID, right?

I actually got in on the mobile site but it didn't work. It's still loaded on my phone with nothing but a message.

Had to install flash on my computer to access the site but that took too long of course. Any site that makes me install flash is instantly shit.

Yup.

They really need to do away with their waiting room. So much bullshit. :mad:

I suspected flash + the waiting room was the issue. my bro got in somehow. didn't see an option for 2 tix tho :( Good luck tomorrow, everyone.

RIP Muse fans, seems like out of the 60ish people viewing this thread (as per the people who posted) less than 5 people got tickets. Pretty shitty

I was about to post that. There's only like 3 posts of people who got in. I haven't checked the NY thread.

This is the annoying part about it for me. I have a better chance of going to a show in Houston than where I actually live because it's LA, and there will be a bunch of people from wherever else going while I'm at home like minutes away.

I bet there are people who have tickets to both NY and LA while we're sitting here out of luck lol

A SoCal residents only restriction would have been good.

I live in Marina del Rey, I'm gonna probably turn up at the gig and spend $$$ on a ticket... or rob a tout