2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

I used a panasonic lumix lx100. I borrow all my cameras from borrowlenses.com or lensrentals.com so this was my first time using it. This is the best quality right above the sony Rx100iii.

But rip the audio its not my music anyways.:D

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. That's seriously top notch audio! :D

<3 your videos!

I was going to do this, too! Venue staff kept saying different things about how they were letting people in so I just thought, fuck it. it looked like everyone who queued up before me got a barrier spot and I just missed the cut off.

Aww :(. Where did you end up?

I was way off to the left side, but besides the cameraman obstructing the view every so often, I have no complaints! I'm glad everyone who braved the rainstorm got a barrier spot!

Yeah, the stage was so close that there really wasn't a bad spot anywhere!

The interesting part was the security guard at the edge of the 21 & over section into the supposed under 21 section (being the under 21 section), telling everyone that only under 21 patrons are allowed on the lower level floor area in front of the tv cameras! According to him, only the kids under 21 were camping out overnight! I think the mayan as a night club is a 18 and over club. Which is fucking horrible! What's really fucked up is everyone that I was standing in line with got into the lower floor section but because I had to use the restroom, I got screwed getting onto the lower level floor!!!!

Edited by greenpower

I heard that, too.

Were they trying to keep the alcohol contained, or were they really trying to keep young people in the recording?

I doubt it's the latter, it'd only make sense if that was the main age group among Muse fans.

Anyway I'd rather not think about all that stress from Friday, getting into the venue definitely could have been a better situation but Hyper Music so yeah.

Great stuff, SarahJessica! I didn't bring my camera because when I contacted the venue the day before, they said NO cameras would be allowed. Which turned out to be untrue. :(

Aww, that sucks! I think when most places say that, they mean no professional cameras. When they say "no mobile phones allowed" then I start to worry a bit.

Aww, that sucks! I think when most places say that, they mean no professional cameras. When they say "no mobile phones allowed" then I start to worry a bit.

Because this was kind of an exclusive show, I thought they might clamp down on all cameras (except phones, which you kinda can't control). I've heard of that happening before. Ah well. Glad you got some great shots! I think my phone turned out some decent ones too; happy with my Instagram spam. Haha.

Because this was kind of an exclusive show, I thought they might clamp down on all cameras (except phones, which you kinda can't control). I've heard of that happening before. Ah well. Glad you got some great shots! I think my phone turned out some decent ones too; happy with my Instagram spam. Haha.

That's true. And your IG shots were fantastic! No camera needed. :awesome:

I edited my Assassin video and Seth Mandel's audio a bit and combined it into a video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4LVA19F5PY

I want to hear this live again! :supersad:

Sweet. Seth Mandel's vids have some fantastic audio quality too! That iPhone 6 is pretty impressive!

I've been extracting audio from YT clips with complete songs and good quality. Got about a third of the set off plastic passion and Seth's clips (and cheated by ripping his Webster show's Stockholm Syndrome recording, though I think it's missing the last riff they played; both LA and NY got the same 3 riffs at the end of SS).

At some point, I'm sure a full recording will make it ways out there, but for now, I have these as souvenirs. Haha.

- Dead Inside

- Assassin

- Apocalypse Please

- New Born

- Hyper Music

- Bliss

Great stuff, SarahJessica! I didn't bring my camera because when I contacted the venue the day before, they said NO cameras would be allowed. Which turned out to be untrue. :(

Aw I'd be crushed :( When I called, they just said no professional cameras. Honestly seemed like the venue staff weren't on the same page about anything.

Thanks again to all who recorded the gig!!!