2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

Must be nice to be over 6'0 and be able to go get a nice dinner before the show and waltz in before showtime and stand at the back with a good view. If I get stuck behind someone 5'4 I'm screwed.

same :( barrier or bust for me. definitely not queuing overnight tho. I like my sleep.

I queued overnight to get barrier for L.A. Rising and just... that was the most hardcore thing I've ever done. I mean, it was worth it, but queueing for that long is BRUTAL.

were there at least other people who queued overnight too?

gig's next Friday and it still hasn't really hit me yet......just starting to feel a little anxious!

lol Band of Horses sucked and Silversun Pickups did too compared to Passion Pir as openers

Band of Horses opened for Muse? :eek: one of my favorite festival moments was seeing them play Funeral at Outside Lands when it started drizzling :happy::happy:

but yah to each their own. I didn't think Passion Pit was too bad.

Hey guys!! In line right now. It's so quiet!!

j/k... I'm getting there mid afternoon after I get off work. Cuz real life responsibilities.

I like Passion Pit, but the first 5 times I ever heard them live, they sounded terrible, because you couldn't actually hear the vocals. Took a couple Coachellas ago for that to finally get fixed, and since then, I think they've sounded great live.

But if you don't like them recorded, then you wouldn't like them live either.

I have no idea who Plague Vendor is, but I hope they're good!

Edited by Corkscrewed

With all the hype about the Webster gig tonight, I'm gonna get desperate and throw out that I'd really love a ticket for the Mayan if anyone knows someone who has an open +1 ticket. Not willing to throw out thousands of bucks, but offers can be made... :$

I queued overnight to get barrier for L.A. Rising and just... that was the most hardcore thing I've ever done. I mean, it was worth it, but queueing for that long is BRUTAL.

Oh shit, I think I remember talking to you for a brief moment LOL. I asked "how long you guys been here?" and I remember hearing "ALL NIGHT". This was in front of that fence before they moved us to line up for bag checking

Must be nice to be over 6'0 and be able to go get a nice dinner before the show and waltz in before showtime and stand at the back with a good view. If I get stuck behind someone 5'4 I'm screwed.

Being tall helps, but its not so great when people latch on to you so they don't get demolished by the pit.

Oh shit, I think I remember talking to you for a brief moment LOL. I asked "how long you guys been here?" and I remember hearing "ALL NIGHT". This was in front of that fence before they moved us to line up for bag checking

:D we were really, really, really dumb. As soon as Tom tweeted about soundcheck, we headed over to the venue and camped down for the night. Tenth and Eleventh in line, but super dumb, haha.

I expect with how Webster's queueing went down, there'll be some overnighters at the Mayan as well.

I expect with how Webster's queueing went down, there'll be some overnighters at the Mayan as well.

I've never been to the Mayan (next week will be first time), but from the street view it looks pretty sketch to sleep there overnight or maybe it's not as sketch as I think?

I've never been to the Mayan (next week will be first time), but from the street view it looks pretty sketch to sleep there overnight or maybe it's not as sketch as I think?

It's pretty sketch, but there's always some brave souls willing to put up with it. Won't be me! :LOL:

Don't forget The Groove! They've played it 3 times the last few months...hopefully we are the 4th!

I'm not too much of a Groove fan tbh. :$ I'd rather have futurism though! :awesome:

I just want to hear Dead Star and Newborn. lol

Semi reasonable, right?

:yesey: Tweet it!