2015.05.23 - BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend, Norwich, UK

Destroya

Did anyone else think Matt's effects pretty much sucked throughout the gig? His guitar was constantly too loud or quiet, occasionally effects just went off, particularly his heavy fuzz, and the phaser during the Psycho solo was just... awful...

Yep, it wasn't a good performance by Muse standards. I quite like some songs (Mercy and Reapers sounded great), but I was dissapointed. I think they were just tired, promotion and all that shit :LOL:

I asked in the other thread but no one replied, I wasn't properly watching and had the volume really low as was watching something else, what was wrong with the sound?

You could just tell they weren't enjoying it. It's a very mixed crowd so there probably wasn't the vibe they're used to. It was an odd choice anyway, especially in the timing of it - before the album release - and Radio 1 don't really play Muse.

Wrong? Nothing massively obvious, Before PiB Matt had to play about with FX and then the riff sounded weak. Vocals on the first few songs sounded quiet. It was just odd. I didn't feel that excited. Download will be much better and I'm looking forward to the next arena tour! :D

You could just tell they weren't enjoying it. It's a very mixed crowd so there probably wasn't the vibe they're used to. It was an odd choice anyway, especially in the timing of it - before the album release - and Radio 1 don't really play Muse.

Wrong? Nothing massively obvious, Before PiB Matt had to play about with FX and then the riff sounded weak. Vocals on the first few songs sounded quiet. It was just odd. I didn't feel that excited. Download will be much better and I'm looking forward to the next arena tour! :D

Has the PiB riff sounded particularly strong for a while noe? And the mix is irrelevant, there'll be an individual broadcast mix and even then the band have their own mix so wouldn't even know what it sounds like out front anyway, if we're talking about the guys' performance that is

Think numerous technical issues obviously had an affect on the performance. Although this war primarily during the beginning of the show. It did get better towards the end.

Although the mix on the stream was awful volumes kept dropping and increasing all over the place.

Would be good to hear more from those that were there.

Enjoyed the bit before Dead Inside "How you feeling? Had a good day? - Let me tell you now I am feeling" ..... "No just kidding" - Into Dead Inside :LOL:

Has the PiB riff sounded particularly strong for a while noe? And the mix is irrelevant, there'll be an individual broadcast mix and even then the band have their own mix so wouldn't even know what it sounds like out front anyway, if we're talking about the guys' performance that is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKUZVx9DHzM

Lord knows what's going on in the beginning, and his guitar has a tone that rivals GSK in this intro.

Matteh also used the wrong fuzz in during the first part of the DI intro. And the mix was just off in a lot of songs, which is obviously not audible to them, but still.

The crowd was shit, nobody knew the lyrics to any of the new songs including Psycho. I was in line with Matt again quite close to the front. Not a single person around me recognised the love opening of Bliss. Seemed so shit compared to Manchester, that was such a good gig but this couldn't compare. Technical problems with visuals for Dead Inside an Psycho. Couldn't tell for Reapers as I'd never seen them before. Reapers seemed much stronger than before, it's definitely my favourite track off Drones so far. No new songs or a curfew, it all seemed to end way too quickly.

Watched it on iPlayer this morning. Dull setlist and one of the most pedestrian performances I've ever seen from them, but I suppose the crowd of children and Radio One listeners didn't help.

Download will be a completely different kettle of fish though.

I also quite enjoyed the performance of Mercy, which was surprising as I really dislike the studio version.

Watched it on iPlayer this morning. Dull setlist and one of the most pedestrian performances I've ever seen from them, but I suppose the crowd of children and Radio One listeners didn't help.

Download will be a completely different kettle of fish though.

I also quite enjoyed the performance of Mercy, which was surprising as I really dislike the studio version.

Mercy was the highlight for me. As has been said previously, the sound wasn't great, couldn't hear the bass at all on TIRO.

My favourite thing about the broadcast for this gig was the BBC turning down the soundmix so you could hear the CO2 cannons during the bridge in Uprising.

Out of all the things Muse's live performances have been missing over the years, being able to hear dragon farts over the songs was defo a top 5 want

The crowd were always going to be average at best so I think I would have preferred them to have just gone "fuck it" and pulled out SS, Hyper Music, Agitated or The Groove and ditched Starlight, SMBH and Uprising. In my opinion they're at the stage now as a band where they could afford to do something a bit more ballsy and unpredictable to shake things up at these sort of events. I'm a real believer in pulling out Dead Star or something at these events to pack a bit more of a punch rather than playing it a bit more safe. On the other hand, the Drones songs and Bliss were solid