EXCLUSIVE: Muse Talk "Drones" for the First Time

JessicaSarahS

Earlier this year we UK band Muse announced their 7th studio record “Drones” would be released in the US on June 9th.

Since then - apart from some vague explanations about the overall theme’s of the album - we haven’t heard a lot from the guys.

Until today.

Earlier, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Matt and Dom for a long conversation about “Drones”. We discussed it’s themes, it’s production, the video, touring, family and much more.

Video is coming soon - but we couldn’t wait to post the audio.

Here it is! Enjoy and share with fellow Muse fans!

http://www.alt987fm.com/onair/harms-51661/exclusive-muse-talk-drones-for-the-13505913/

Pretty solid interview, I do wish Andy had asked at some point if they were any particular tracks on the record they were most excited about playing live/seeing the fans react to, lots of good general info from the interview but a tad lacking in the song specifics area.

Pretty solid interview, I do wish Andy had asked at some point if they were any particular tracks on the record they were most excited about playing live/seeing the fans react to, lots of good general info from the interview but a tad lacking in the song specifics area.

I never see the point in asking them? In about a month and a half you'll hear it all yourself anyway. There's better questions to ask

I never see the point in asking them? In about a month and a half you'll hear it all yourself anyway. There's better questions to ask

Why would there be no point in them promoting an album + tour for the album which is the entire reason the interview is being conducted? :facepalm:

Why would there be no point in them promoting an album + tour for the album which is the entire reason the interview is being conducted? :facepalm:

He did ask questions about the new album, he asked about Matt's view on the themes, how it was recording it etc. You were saying there should be more specific questions about songs, which again, is pointless as you'll hear them yourself soon anyway so go facepalm yourself

He did ask questions about the new album, he asked about Matt's view on the themes, how it was recording it etc. You were saying there should be more specific questions about songs, which again, is pointless as you'll hear them yourself soon anyway so go facepalm yourself

I also said the interview was solid, my only wish was that he had asked song specifics. It's not an unreasonable thing to want. This interests me because I want them to hype up the album in ways that are less vague than what any other band could say about recording a record with "insert name here" producer.

EDIT: I'd much rather have what I described, song specifics, over dumbass questions about how Matt's "personal life" comes into play on the record. If he thinks it's noteworthy to mention, he'd mention it if the interviewer asked about specific songs/specific things about the songs.

Not all the way through it yet but I'm glad that Matt has said that he will be incorporating a few of the rarer tracks into future shows.

My guess, Agitated, Fury and bliss

Bliss isn't exactly that rare. It still appears every tour. I think Futurism will be around a lot more.

I enjoyed that interview, some good info on the album. Heaviest rock album since the last 3, is a bit more positive after the JFK track, concept album but tracks all work in their own way.

And of course, Matt wants to have flying drones at the live shows.

Bliss isn't exactly that rare. It still appears every tour. I think Futurism will be around a lot more.

I enjoyed that interview, some good info on the album. Heaviest rock album since the last 3, is a bit more positive after the JFK track, concept album but tracks all work in their own way.

And of course, Matt wants to have flying drones at the live shows.

I'm glad he said 3, meaning heavier than BHAR. Also promising it's not all just dark for the sake of being dark, uplifting songs can be heavy too. Should be great.

I'm glad he said 3, meaning heavier than BHAR. Also promising it's not all just dark for the sake of being dark, uplifting songs can be heavy too. Should be great.

Yep. I'm glad there is some positivity on the album, I love dark songs and all that but you need a bit of relief here and there :LOL:

I wonder if he actually meant the board or just twitter.

Hopefully he meant the board since the interviewer seemed pretty clear in referencing the forums. I wonder to what extent though he reads the fan reactions to the new record, for a couple minutes or for a extended lengths of time.

Hopefully he meant the board since the interviewer seemed pretty clear in referencing the forums. I wonder to what extent though he reads the fan reactions to the new record, for a couple minutes or for a extended lengths of time.

Probably for about as long as he can take before he goes insane

LP8 confirmed to be titled "Forums", except instead of blatantly critiquing his own fanbase throughout the entire album, each track is set up just as "Absolution", each represents a different type of forum and is so-titled. Roman Forum, The Forum (Vegas), My Forum (.mu boards...) etc.

Would have liked a couple more questions about the music itself rather than just its theme. The interviewer could have mentioned the IG snippets, for example

We need to get a list of custom-tailored questions to Stryker and fast. One of the few guys who can be 100% thorough if he wanted to. IMO seems like a lot of these big-band interviews are for the sake of having the interview rather than delivering the content the fans want to hear, although this interview was in all honesty better than a lot of others they've done.

Oh God Matt probably lurks the board on release times.

This is horrible news. :noey:

:LOL: Like everyone here.

If Matt lurks the boards during release, I feel sorry for the guy.

Me too. :facepalm:

We need to get a list of custom-tailored questions to Stryker and fast. One of the few guys who can be 100% thorough if he wanted to. IMO seems like a lot of these big-band interviews are for the sake of having the interview rather than delivering the content the fans want to hear, although this interview was in all honesty better than a lot of others they've done.

This interview was great. Just enough information to keep up the anticipation. Save the more in depth questions about the songs for release time.