Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Does anyone else think at the start when the guitar kicks in it sounds slightly like the song One by U2

I like the intro to the song, but I just cannot stand the ending third. That call and response/church hymn style really hits me the wrong way. I hate to say it, but it's almost unlistenable.

So many links and allusions in this song. But the strongest resemblance to my ear is with Explorers except the fact that I like Aftermath a thousand times more..

Aftermath is one of the most beautiful songs they've made.

Agreed. To me it sounds like Blackout, and I love Abso so :thumbsup:.

So you'd be okay with Muse just giving up playing live at all for their 8th album?

with a fifth person (2nd morgan) they can achieve a lot. (not that I'd like to see them going down that direction)

Does anyone else think at the start when the guitar kicks in it sounds slightly like the song One by U2

According to Musewiki it sounds like One by Metallica :LOL::LOL::LOL:. Funny mistake.

IMO is the most soulful song since Shine.

And by soulful i mean, beautiful, full of feelings, great atmosphere and great lyrics.

Really digging the vibe this song gives off. Some fantastic guitar work in this. I would love to know though, is that Chris singing in the background towards the end??

Really digging the vibe this song gives off. Some fantastic guitar work in this. I would love to know though, is that Chris singing in the background towards the end??

I think this will be quite tricky for them to play live. Hope they give it a go at least once though and don't give it the Big Freeze...

Literally only able to get 3/4 (just before the second chorus, last 1:35) through this song before it just starts to remind of some christian revival choir song.

Edit: now that I think about it, my Mom will probably love this song.

This song is absolutely amazing. 10/10. Best one on the album for me personally, with Dead Inside, Reapers, The Handler and Defector coming after.

I think this song became my favourite of the second part of the album. I'm really digging the intro and Matt's voice sounds very unique here :happy:

Intro sounds too much like dire straits for my liking. Middle is classic Muse ballad. End sounds like a recent Manics track from something like Postcards from a young man.

I cannot like this song. It's dire. Christian rock indeed. And it ain't got nothing on Explorers. :phu:

This song is incredible. The guitar work is great, and I love the lyrics and vocals. I feel like this song may end up being a hidden gem, and at this moment this is one of my favourite songs from the album