Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

iirc the milan strings are in a different key from the globalist's intro

EDIT: wait actually they're in the same key as the outro I think so maybe they're in that part

Mr. Wood, your compositions shall be the soundtrack to a lengthy paper on inequality I am writing this morning.

OT: Hope the Aftermath of (this song) and my work is good.

More OT: Muse

Edited by jonisdead

After Matt mentioned this song was going to be about love I honestly thought Aftermath was going to be a dud. I'm actually pretty confident about this now, especially after the Hendrix, Floyd and Dire Straits comparisons, especially excited to hear the guitar work.

I gotta be honest, I'm not holding out much hope for this track. The descriptions don't make it sound like it's gonna be bad, but I remember descriptions of songs from previous albums being this sort of vague and they ended up not being that great.

At least this way I can be pleasantly surprised though. :)

This is one that I'm looking forward to! Not sure what everyone's deal is with love songs. :noey:

The Dire Straights thing put me off a little - not because I know more than one song by the band, but because I remember my dad being disturbingly obsessed with them, and well, that's really uncool, right? :chuckle:

iirc the milan strings are in a different key from the globalist's intro

EDIT: wait actually they're in the same key as the outro I think so maybe they're in that part

There is a part in the outro (from the making of) where Chris plays exactly the same note progression as the end of the IG milan strings bit.