Do you like Defector?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Defector?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

I remembered hearing it for the first time. It was 02:00 AM and I was lying in my bed with my earbuds in. The whole world was asleep while I was there, in my bed, closing my eyes and enjoying this album to the fullest. Then Defector came on and it instantly hit me how awesome it was. From the vocals to the instrumentation, it felt amazing hearing it for the first time. But then, that third refrain, when the guitar solo kicked in...just tears man...tears..

If you think it has a lot of fun elements I don't see why you SHOULD think it's boring.

I guess if they are repeated a lot? Like Psycho's riff or Defector's chorus.

On a completely different note, I rewatched the Making Of video recently (not the new version, the leaked one) and at about 9 mins 40 in you get a rerun of the chorus whilst Matt's speaking over it, and as far as I can tell it's missing the big INCI-CI-CITING. Does that suggest it wasn't originally there or do we think this is just the way the video has been edited?

I guess if they are repeated a lot? Like Psycho's riff or Defector's chorus.

On a completely different note, I rewatched the Making Of video recently (not the new version, the leaked one) and at about 9 mins 40 in you get a rerun of the chorus whilst Matt's speaking over it, and as far as I can tell it's missing the big INCI-CI-CITING. Does that suggest it wasn't originally there or do we think this is just the way the video has been edited?

Maybe they just hadn't recorded it yet?

Just watched the bit. It's just where they've edited and cut the video enit?

Also it sounds so much better in those studio videos, wish they'd chosen someone else for mixing/mastering

Edited by Dominic.

Maybe they just hadn't recorded it yet?

Just watched the bit. It's just where they've edited and cut the video enit?

Also it sounds so much better in those studio videos, wish they'd chosen someone else for mixing/mastering

Guess so, it just sounded pretty seamless so thought it might not be that. And yeah the riff is far more beefy in that video.