Do you like Defector?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Defector?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

I'm just wondering what people's beef with the blue blood / green mind / yellow belly is? Being of a noble birth, envious/jealous and a coward is what it reflects. :erm:

For me, it's a little too simple, it sticks out too much, and I don't like the way Matt says "belleh." But the rest of the song is fun.

I like the song, and I love the 2 guitar solos. I feel like the song has too many choruses (4 choruses altogether), and this detracts from it. You could remove one chorus from the song and it would be better, like so:

Riff (which is the chorus without vocals)

Chorus 1 <- REMOVE THIS

Verse 1

Chorus 2

Verse 2

Chorus 3

Solo 1

Chorus 4

Solo 2

This song has the same problem that Psycho has. Too many repetitions.

Riff (which is the chorus without vocals)

Chorus 1 <- REMOVE THIS

Verse 1

Chorus 2

Verse 2

Chorus 3

Solo 1

Chorus 4

Solo 2

I noticed it was that first chorus that I didn't like earlier today as well. Quickly edited together a version without it and it feels so much better, only problem is there's a "Ffffuh..." where the first chorus should start, I think it actually sounds kinda cool though.

Probably gonna do the same for Psycho and (if I can) The Globalist eventually, still haven't worked out which bit(s) to edit out of Psycho though.

Hi all,

I'm hearing like some distortion/crackle in the left channel of defector in the verses on some of the floor tom hits. Now I thought this was just my headphones being blown however I can hear it in my car as well.

Anyone else hearing this or are just all my speakers blown!

Hi all,

I'm hearing like some distortion/crackle in the left channel of defector in the verses on some of the floor tom hits. Now I thought this was just my headphones being blown however I can hear it in my car as well.

Anyone else hearing this or are just all my speakers blown!

I think it's not the tom, but the snare. And it feels like a precise effect which reminds of an explosion shockwave.

I find it very neat. :)