Do you like Defector?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Defector?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

This could end up being my favourite song from the album after The Handler and The Globalist.

That slow and granitic beat cadence by Dom, merged with that roaring guitar tone and Matt's triumphant vocal tone, gets me every time. And the solo, although essential in its structure, it's simply effective and quite "happily" haunting.

Unlike Revolt and Mercy, this song has quickly grown on me. But it needs that JFK intro, because without the build-up the song is slightly too repetitive.

Also, while The Handler and Reapers are the best songs on the album, this is the most fun one to listen to in the car. Dat riff. I think they NEED to make this the next single.

It does remind a lot of the TV screen visuals they had on the pyramid, but I doubt they will do that again. Furthermore, a sphere is probably harder to make and to incorporate in the live show.

Goddammit this song is so bouncy and hilarious.

Musically it has that feel of a kid going up to the local schoolyard bully and taunting him, sticking his tongue out and going "nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh"

And that slight pause in:

"We'll watch it get razed... (wait for it...) BY A DEFECTOR!"

Thought this was the revolt thread by accident, when I read your statement I was like "the world has literally turned inside out". But I swiftly discovered my error. Yeah Defector's good, a grower too, wasn't impressed first few times I heard it

Haha, that would've been the biggest turn around ever!

I wasn't too keen on 'Defector' when I first heard it. I gave it 6/10 in my album rating. But it's one of those songs that stick in your head, and after a good few more listens I'd have to increase that to 8/10.

So it is a bit poppy, Queen-like, whatever..... It's definitely stuck in my head. And the lyric video, looks like the fun Matt of a while ago.:)

Still think the bass is the best bit of this song, beaut

:yesey:

I wasn't too keen on 'Defector' when I first heard it. I gave it 6/10 in my album rating. But it's one of those songs that stick in your head, and after a good few more listens I'd have to increase that to 8/10.

So it is a bit poppy, Queen-like, whatever..... It's definitely stuck in my head. And the lyric video, looks like the fun Matt of a while ago.:)

Yeah, it's my third favorite song from the album. I love the combination of Reapers->The Handler->Defector.