Do you like Defector?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Defector?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

Listened to this on YouTube with good earphones, I dig it now. I've decided the vocals are less Queen and more robotic, and the guitar work is killer throughout. I'm also digging how the track sounds like a Showbiz b-Side.

Can anyone point me to any specific Queen songs in which Muse sound like in this song? I personally don't know any, expect for the vocal harmonies in general.

Is there any Queen song that Defector sounds identical too or what not?

Man this album is fucking sick, and although reapers is a killer song I think I prefer the defector, it reminds me of classic British rock, I think it could sound fucking incredible live too.

There's just something in particular about this song, I think muse have it in them to produce a heart stopping song can unite all music fans, something legendary, I think that's the greatness they are destined for and I think there's something about this song which means once again they're taking steps in the right direction toward that achievement.

Can't wait to see you at download guys

It looks to me like the font used in the lyric video is that of the old BBC logo. Not sure why I think that. :chuckle:

I thought it too straight away! Grew up with that BBC logo in the 90s. Surely it's done on purpose in the vid?

200px-BBC_logo_(pre97).svg.png

As for the song, who else LOVES the guitar bit right at the end (when JKF starts talking again) ?

I thought it too straight away! Grew up with that BBC logo in the 90s. Surely it's done on purpose in the vid?

200px-BBC_logo_(pre97).svg.png

As for the song, who else LOVES the guitar bit right at the end (when JKF starts talking again) ?

yes that's got to be intentional, especially considering the entire video makes constant references to TV

EDIT: btw, love your avatar

I really don't like it.

This one is just so bad & boring, since we already have Psycho which is sort of like this but more catchy.

I could take one ridiculous self-parody song on the album, but two?

I haven't even heard Revolt yet, which according to what I've read seems even worse, haha.

Ugh.

Back to The Handler & Reaper :D

Ok it has grown on me now. What is it about certain Muse songs I think are the worst thing ever on first listen but continue to grow on me?

good song, i like it, sounds very grandiose kinda like survival...

but i think it's a little too repetitive and 'BELLY' need i say more...?

though i really like the stack of backing vocals in the chorus, i wonder how they're gonna pull that off live...

overall, a good song but i like the handler a lot more.

good song, i like it, sounds very grandiose kinda like survival...

but i think it's a little too repetitive and 'BELLY' need i say more...?

though i really like the stack of backing vocals in the chorus, i wonder how they're gonna pull that off live...

overall, a good song but i like the handler a lot more.

Being yellow bellied is an old American insult which translates to someone who is cowardly.