Do you like Defector?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Defector?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

The sheer "safeness" of Survival's main melody is one of my main beefs with the song, the more awkward sound on this makes it more interesting IMO.

aaah ok, I can see where you're coming from

EDIT: Alright, I think I finally get it. 7/10 now. Yeah I think I'm starting to like it

Edited by Citizen Erased #01

really not sure about this one. Sounds like Survival but with even less of a decent melody (which is a fucking feat in itself)

Really?? Survival is just constantly building (needless to say a forgettable song), how the hell could you compare this to that song?

This has probably been asked but what on earth is Matt on about when he says "your mind has turned green, and your belly is yellow"?

Is that meant to mean something? Does his handler have a green mind? (I.e. Cares about recycling and other environmental matters?)

Isn't yellow belly slang for coward? Green mind could mean jealousy

Yes, "yellow belly" means "coward." "Yellow" in general means coward. Didn't you guys ever watch any, like, old Yosemite Sam cartoons or anything? :chuckle:

It's one of those old timey phrases in the US, at least.

"Green" makes me think more of "envy" ("green with envy" is a thing) - the environmental thing is a lot more recent.

I really don't like it.

This one is just so bad & boring, since we already have Psycho which is sort of like this but more catchy.

I could take one ridiculous self-parody song on the album, but two?

I haven't even heard Revolt yet, which according to what I've read seems even worse, haha.

Ugh.

Back to The Handler & Reaper :D

Edited by Mr.Mime

You'll get there :LOL: Revolt took a while for me as well

I think I will. I woke up with "YOU CAN GROW!" on my mind. :facepalm::LOL:

I think Defector is just overshadowed by the greatness that is The Handler. That's why I didn't care for it on first listen. Revolt has no excuses. :phu::p

Why people hate the Queen vocals?

Besides the main riff, that is the best part of the song.

Because people's opinions on Queen-like music differ from yours? All of your posts lately seem to be about you not understanding that there are opinions that are different to yours.