Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I'm pretty sure it's "I'm escaping from your grip"

Pretty sure it is "And I will no longer do as I am told". Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Yeah.

So:

"You were my oppressor

And I, I have become programmed to obey

Now, you are my handler

And I, I will execute your demands.

Leave me alone

I must dissociate from you

Behold my transformation

And you are empowered to do as you please

My mind was lost in translation

And my heart has become a cold and impassive machine

Leave me alone

I must dissociate from you

I won't let you control my feelings anymore

And I will no longer do

As I am told

And I am no longer afraid to walk alone

Let me go, let me be

I'm escaping from your grip

You will never own me"

The falsetto's are great. Those are D4's right? Hopefully he'll be able to do them as powerful live as on the studio track. Supremacy sounded weak at times, but those were E4 iirc and a lot more sustained

yeah my immediate thought was that it might not be as good live, but who cares when it's this good on record ;)

The falsetto's are great. Those are D4's right? Hopefully he'll be able to do them as powerful live as on the studio track. Supremacy sounded weak at times, but those were E4 iirc and a lot more sustained
Yep. I think it's the A3s (using your octave notation) that will cause problems for him.

Yep. I think it's the A3s (using your octave notation) that will cause problems for him.

I have doubts about him doing the "doododoaadodododaodada" parts because of the awkward timing with the guitar. Hope it won't be MK Ultra all over again and just drop something to make it easier

I'm really anxious to hear the rest of the album now. Absolutely insane that they released Psycho (oh god it's terrible) and Dead Inside while songs like Reapers and The Handler were sitting by doing nothing. It's like they were trying to lower our expectations so they could blow us away at the last second.

Okay this song now has grown on me. First couple of listens were "Oh sounds good!" but not totally loving it. Totally awesome.

This song totally belongs in a unknown album Muse made in-between OoS and Abso.

Possibly alongside such classics as Eternally Missed, Shrinking Universe, Futurism et al :LOL:

I'm really anxious to hear the rest of the album now. Absolutely insane that they released Psycho (oh god it's terrible) and Dead Inside while songs like Reapers and The Handler were sitting by doing nothing. It's like they were trying to lower our expectations so they could blow us away at the last second.

Probably exactly what they planned

They had to keep their secret weapons a little bit more. Who knows what they can put out now? They already surprised us, could do it again