Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

The solo is pure Bellamy

This song doesn't sound like anyone other than Muse

The only thing making it sound extremely Musey to me are the vocals. The rest reminds me a lot of late-80s, early-90s heavy guitar bands - even a touch of grunge about it.

Verses with heaviness of Dead Star

Choruses with opera vibes & long falsettos of Micro Cuts

Second part with tension of In Your World

This thing overall is so-o-o-o-o OoS, just can't get enough of it.

Sleazy, why?

I'm gonna listen to Showbiz and then handler right after. :happy: Matt said it's a question and answer, yeah?

It's the pace, the rhythm of it. It sounds like the sort of music that plays after you've done something questionable, or have a dirty hangover.

FUCKYES :awesome:

now that's more like it! the in your world-sorta solo is perhaps a bit too in your world, but who cares, it's the first song from drones that's not 'meh' or downright crap and I'm happy for it. that ending is also huge.

oh, forgot the list, silly me:

The Handler>>>Dead Inside>Mercy>Psycho>>>Reapers

Saying it because some reviews were comparing that part to AC/DC. Teaches me not to trust reviews if anything.

A lot of people like to compare Muse to other groups because they think they don't have their own discernible sound (which is nonsense). The Handler lays waste to those claims though imo, this sounds like no one else other than Muse.

It's the pace, the rhythm of it. It sounds like the sort of music that plays after you've done something questionable, or have a dirty hangover.

Exactly, while the solo thing builds-up to feelings of pent up rage with the drums growing louder throughout is.

Can I just say I love the 'lee-da-dee-da' vocal stuff with all my heart.

It sounds so sexy.