Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I'm speechless, I've disliked everything after abso but this... wow

koc? assasin? exo-politics? hoddoo? tab? mk? US?

If you don't like them you blow my understanding of the world :D

anyway hyped for drones now

*glares into mods direction*

My thoughts are firstly that it's the first track in a long time that actually sounds like muse (reapers is great but doesnt sound like them iff you know what i mean), has a great dark sound that reminds me of absolution-era. Solid vocals, you can really tell Matt's voice has become a lot more controlled here. Lack of any overly cringe vocals as far as i can tell which is what kills psycho, mercy and reduces the quality of reapers.

Totally agree. This could only really be a Muse song. I can't sit there and say "oh this sounds like something else" because on first impressions it doesn't.

Anyone else getting a serious earlier Muse vibe from that "Aiiaaiiiaiiiiaiiiiaiii" vocal bit Matt does towards the end in one of the heavy sections? It's got that kinda weird vibe about it...

my only gripe is the solo... if they weren't going to change it up the solo should've been a little bit shorter, otherwise this is the first muse song that's made me push the rewind button 10 times after the first 10 seconds in a LONG time.

Yh, I got a little bored during the solo after a while. Same for another Muse song, but I can't remember which it was :p

Totally agree. This could only really be a Muse song. I can't sit there and say "oh this sounds like something else" because on first impressions it doesn't.

Anyone else getting a serious earlier Muse vibe from that "Aiiaaiiiaiiiiaiiiiaiii" vocal bit Matt does towards the end in one of the heavy sections? It's got that kinda weird vibe about it...

I totally agree. This is just such a Muse song. And totally! I was actually gonna mention it before I saw your post. That's the part where I was like BAM! That's Muse! :D

Yh, I got a little bored during the solo after a while. Same for another Muse song, but I can't remember which it was :p

nah its perfect! i love instrumental parts that just let the split chords (bass and guitar form some chord progression) flow for a while. Super awesome. The somewhat tremolo bass drives that part so nicely, love it <3

Lmao, you've basically moaned everytime a new track has been released

No i didn't. I said verses on Reapers were weak, especially the last note, still the best song they've done in years. Psycho and Dead Inside are great and Mercy and the Handler are alright, this album has no fillers so im not bitching at all.