Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Its a shame that the solo thing is just In Your World but in a higher pitch/thing (music theory escapes me), but it suits the song perfectly. Yet to see how any of the lyrics relate to Showbiz at all though, Mr Bellamy.

There's lines about not letting them control his feelings any more

Was just a theory of ours that. Not correct obviously.

Yeah but what's the point of subtly putting that sound in the background of the end of Reapers if it doesn't mean anything. Because it definitely was there.

the lack of proper solo is really bothering me now. it sounds like it's building up to an explosive solo but it doesn't :mad:

Yep.

I'm not voting on this one yet since I haven't given it enough time but it's at best a maybe right now. And Absolution is my favorite album obviously. The vocals aren't working for me, mostly because of the awkward lyrics.

My thoughts are firstly that it's the first track in a long time that actually sounds like muse (reapers is great but doesnt sound like them iff you know what i mean), has a great dark sound that reminds me of absolution-era. Solid vocals, you can really tell Matt's voice has become a lot more controlled here. Lack of any overly cringe vocals as far as i can tell which is what kills psycho, mercy and reduces the quality of reapers.

Agree with everything said here

Yeah but what's the point of subtly putting that sound in the background of the end of Reapers if it doesn't mean anything. Because it definitely was there.
The same point as if they would have also put it in the beginning of The Handler.

Looooads of songs have random things like that thrown in. It doesn't have to mean anything. And it might relate to something later in the album, or crop up again, we'll have to see.

my only gripe is the solo... if they weren't going to change it up the solo should've been a little bit shorter, otherwise this is the first muse song that's made me push the rewind button 10 times after the first 10 seconds in a LONG time.