Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

if it was "supposed to be heard" that way they wouldn't have released it one song at a time.

also I'm not fussed about the concept.

anyway, the lack of proper solo is really bothering me now. it sounds like it's building up to an explosive solo but it doesn't :mad:

didn't matt say that he was not to crazy for solos

I know he said it changed during the production but maybe it is a small change

I dig the handler, psycho and DI anyway

As I said in the other thread:

While I think Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome are better, I think comparing Reapers and The Handler is the same as those two. People are mixed on which is better. Reapers has the liveliness and diversity of SS, whereas The Handler has a great base and the darkness of Hysteria. A loose connection, but the best I can think of.

But if there are others as good as these, this album will be better than TR and Showbiz, for me. HARd to say, because I love half of the songs on Showbiz.

Doesn't mean what he DOES play has to be boring though. I love most of the song, but the solo bores me after just 5 listens.

Worked once for me on spotify. Now it is just playing other muse songs. I was able to skip through shrinking universe, animals, eternally missed but it won't let me skip guiding light :LOL:

ffs i just wanted to hear the handler again!!!

No, but it's kinda meh. Happens with over hyped tracks though...

I agree. Not saying it's bad. I've listened 3 times and I don't think it's worth the hype, however, I'd take an album of these over an album of Dead Insides anyday.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but so far, Reapers FTW.

He said that, but then revealed Mutt had him try some stuff and he came to enjoy soloing.

My thoughts are firstly that it's the first track in a long time that actually sounds like muse (reapers is great but doesnt sound like them iff you know what i mean), has a great dark sound that reminds me of absolution-era. Solid vocals, you can really tell Matt's voice has become a lot more controlled here. Lack of any overly cringe vocals as far as i can tell which is what kills psycho, mercy and reduces the quality of reapers.

Its a shame that the solo thing is just In Your World but in a higher pitch/thing (music theory escapes me), but it suits the song perfectly. Yet to see how any of the lyrics relate to Showbiz at all though, Mr Bellamy.

"Controlling my feelings for too long" - Showbiz

"I won't let you control my feelings any more" - The Handler