Skinner sounds bland during the verses, and it's uninspired. I do, however, love the chorus. The line 'Who knows who doing God knows what' is catchy.

Hip-hop is certainly a more interesting genre than rock, but this is not a good example of it.

The riff on the chorus sounds like Heartbreaker of Led. That and the opening riff (kaoss, yes?) are what I like but the rest is shit. I hope this is fake.

I hate to break it to you but....

Muse & the streets

A note from the band: The MP3 floating around on the message boards at the moment is a track we recorded with Mike Skinner a few months ago. The track was the result of a late night jam session and something we did for a bit of a laugh featuring a blues riff we have been playing live recently upon which Skinner recorded some vocals. It is not intended to be a serious release so we are happy for it to be leaked around unofficially. Hope you enjoy, Cheers. Matt, Dom & Chris.

Source: http://www.muse.mu/index.php?sec=news-381

It's real ;)

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would decide to make a song with Mike Skinner period.

:p

</snark>

Ooh, BURN! :LOL:

I would say that it sounds like RATM, but the vocals are.....:LOL:

Let's face it: Mike Skinner is no Zack de la Rocha. :noey:

I love it, Mike Skinner is one of my favourite rappers (and I don't usually like rap) It's been on repeat for about an hour now.

Same here to all of the above! I've pretty much got the hang of the chorus now, trying to learn all the lyrics just in case they perform it at V or Marlay :D

Too much like RATM :-S

I actually like it, it might sound alot like RATM but its quite catchy. :$

I like it, the riff is ace. The rapping needs some work, but it obviously hasn't had too much effort put into it. The guitar could be a bit too RATM though.

You all say this like it's a bad thing or something! The more RATM the merrier, I think! :D

good until the guy starts singing...

whats with the guitar in the background?

It's good but then Mike starts singing and it goes terrible I can listen to him but I hate it!!! Streets should stay with what they do.

Which, oddly enough, is NOT singing, but rapping, which he was at least attempting to do, and has done so for the past 14 years.

tell that to green day and U2

and that didnt turn out well

link?

The Saints Are Coming - U2 & Green Day. LimeWire it, at your peril, and NOT for the viruses that can be easily evaded by not clicking them. Video was straight out of Hellywood Studios, I swear.

I must admit it is growing on me. It still doesn't have a tune, but it does make me laugh. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Mike Skinner for some obscure reason.:stunned: I actually do hope they play it at V, I think they will have so much fun with it. My reaction will just be....:rolleyes::LOL:

I can't comment on the comparison with RATM, as I think I'm the only person on here that doesn't like them. I don't like rap! :(

Completely off topic but can I just say that your Star Wars signature thing completely enraptured me? :LOL:

Yay! Star Wars in a minute and a half (or there abouts).....Brilliant! :LOL:

I've given it a few more listens, and nope :noey: still not feelin' it... I can't picture this sucker making it onto my iPod any time soon, and you should see some of the crap I've got on there :LOL:

I hope they play this at V, I love the riff and the headspace bit...

:LOL: That's funny, the word "headspace" is the part I initially couldn't get past when I first heard the song -- that's when the laughter kicked in ;)

But, of couse, to each his/her own.. I just think it's funny when people's tastes vary so much that the very thing one person doesn't like about a song is the exact thing someone else loves! :)

I can't comment on the comparison with RATM, as I think I'm the only person on here that doesn't like them. I don't like rap! :(

You're not alone ;) I'm not a big fan of RATM, never have liked them all that much (the music can be cool, but I don't like de la rocha's voice) I will say, though, that I think Zack can rap just fine, I just don't like something about his sound. In Skinners case, imo and for at least this song, it's a matter of simply not being very good at rapping -- his tone is off (it sounds at times like he's just randomly shouting as opposed to using intonation that fits the music and at others, theres an attempt at intonation, but it's still off)

As far as comparing the two, the guitar is definitely Morello influenced, and it does have rapping, but I'd think that it's an insult to Rage (a band I don't even like!) and Zack to compare is to them as long as Skinner is involved. If I were Zack, I think I might drop dead just to roll in my grave if I heard that comparison :p:LOL:

You're not alone ;) I'm not a big fan of RATM, never have liked them all that much (the music can be cool, but I don't like de la rocha's voice) I will say, though, that I think Zack can rap just fine, I just don't like something about his sound. In Skinners case, imo and for at least this song, it's a matter of simply not being very good at rapping -- his tone is off (it sounds at times like he's just randomly shouting as opposed to using intonation that fits the music and at others, theres an attempt at intonation, but it's still off)

As far as comparing the two, the guitar is definitely Morello influenced, and it does have rapping, but I'd think that it's an insult to Rage (a band I don't even like!) and Zack to compare is to them as long as Skinner is involved. If I were Zack, I think I might drop dead just to roll in my grave if I heard that comparison :p:LOL:

Skinner doesn't really sound as angry and passionate as de la Rocha. He just sounds out of place. I guess since I'm a Rage fan this just sounds weak in comparison.

:LOL: at the last part. I agree :yesey:

Archived