lol, if i had lots of money id get them, but i dont... yeh these are pretty ace.. the isolation is very handyalthough my voice sounds MEGA loud to me now, haha

are yours clear?

You can get Shure E5s / Westone UM2's really cheap if you know where to look! haha

i dont have a wireless guitar transmitter, i dont see the point

:stunned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfg3CR3er8

The end.

Thats why muse win best live awards - cuz he's all over the place and jumping and rocking and giving it some! :D

yeah, but its gotta be said its a fucking sexy snare drum!lol, sounds perfect on hullabaloo!heh, im well stuck, i dunno whether to get an acoustic set, (starclassics probly!) or a roland TD-20k!haha, i sound ambitious!lol, but i love the sound of both kits, doms toms!lol, and the way his kit has presence! but also the fact that you can do pretty much everything you'll ever need to to on a roland kit, especially a TD-20k! check them out theyre accccccccccccce!

LETS SEE WHO THINKS WHATS BEST??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Get an acoustic set over an e-kit, there just isn't a substitute for the real thing. An e-kit in addition to an acoustic set, thats where its at!

What earbuds do you all use on your in-ear monitors? I have the SCL3's and am switching between the grey ones and the yellow foam ones.

Get an acoustic set over an e-kit, there just isn't a substitute for the real thing. An e-kit in addition to an acoustic set, thats where its at!

What earbuds do you all use on your in-ear monitors? I have the SCL3's and am switching between the grey ones and the yellow foam ones.

you know what though, i think the best drum kit to get is an leectric set with high quality mesh pads and proper decent hi hat controller/cymbal triggers... buying a drum brain with no sounds loaded onto it, but one that will send midi data out...

connect the midi out to a laptop with BFD deluxe collection installed.....

you have now got some an electric drum kit that will play samples of some of the worlds best drum kits recorded at incredibly high quality in an amazing live room with the worlds best mics, all sampled at up to 127 velocity layers per drum ;)

THATS what i'd do if i was stuck between getting an electric and an acoustic kit.

you know what though, i think the best drum kit to get is an leectric set with high quality mesh pads and proper decent hi hat controller/cymbal triggers... buying a drum brain with no sounds loaded onto it, but one that will send midi data out...

connect the midi out to a laptop with BFD deluxe collection installed.....

you have now got some an electric drum kit that will play samples of some of the worlds best drum kits recorded at incredibly high quality in an amazing live room with the worlds best mics, all sampled at up to 127 velocity layers per drum ;)

THATS what i'd do if i was stuck between getting an electric and an acoustic kit.

haha no way!

The reason WHY that digital kit will sound good is because its taking RECORDINGS of ACOUSTIC kits.

Get an acoustic and skip the middle man! :D

:p

haha no way!

The reason WHY that digital kit will sound good is because its taking RECORDINGS of ACOUSTIC kits.

Get an acoustic and skip the middle man! :D

:p

you're missing the point, i know that is why it will sound good.

my point is that a kit worth of triggers and a midi brain isnt very expensive, and with that you can get the sound of some of the best drum kits in the world.

im thinking of this from a recording point of view more than a practice point of view, if you dont care about stuff like being able to record it yourself then maybe an acoustic kit is right, theyre just fun. but the electric offers no recording complications and great sounds

you're missing the point, i know that is why it will sound good.

my point is that a kit worth of triggers and a midi brain isnt very expensive, and with that you can get the sound of some of the best drum kits in the world.

im thinking of this from a recording point of view more than a practice point of view, if you dont care about stuff like being able to record it yourself then maybe an acoustic kit is right, theyre just fun. but the electric offers no recording complications and great sounds

yeah i see what you mean but noo youre missing MY point! haha

in order to get it sounding that good and have the same feel to it as if you were playing the acosutic kit, you would need a KICK ASS digital kit - mesh heads - high end drum brain - decent hardware etc.....that will cost a fortune!

Just get an acoustic...might be cheaper! :LOL:

And they play better where a digital kit just...fails! :p

I hate digital kits.

I always play them at guitar center 'n such, and nothing can replace the real thing! And yeah, it's hella expensive--honestly, I'd choose my shitty kit over V-drums or something. :LOL:

I'm thinking of getting one soon though, just so I have something to play when I get my own place... :unsure:

I hate digital kits.

I always play them at guitar center 'n such, and nothing can replace the real thing! And yeah, it's hella expensive--honestly, I'd choose my shitty kit over V-drums or something. :LOL:

I'm thinking of getting one soon though, just so I have something to play when I get my own place... :unsure:

electric drums can be quiet... i hate quiet :mad::p

Acrylic is acrylic.

Maple is maple.

Theyre all the same. lol

DW Maples will be just as deep as Tamas.

(of course plys and thickness come into account but all drum manufacturers offer a range of solutions)

Acrylic is acrylic fine. The rest no. Every drum manufacturer has a distinct sound due primarily to the shape of their bearing edge and the repeatability of their quality control (good for eg Tama, Pearl and Yamaha, bad for DW) and also the number of plies and the thickness of each, presence of rings and distinct manufacturing processes.

Starclassic Maple DOES sound deeper than Pearl MRX because of their much thinner shells.

Acrylic is acrylic fine. The rest no. Every drum manufacturer has a distinct sound due primarily to the shape of their bearing edge and the repeatability of their quality control (good for eg Tama, Pearl and Yamaha, bad for DW) and also the number of plies and the thickness of each, presence of rings and distinct manufacturing processes.

Starclassic Maple DOES sound deeper than Pearl MRX because of their much thinner shells.

thought so lol, :D

yeah I agree but surely a Pearl 4 ply maple will sound the same as Tama 4 ply maple...

the difference in sound will be so vague and undetectable, surely :confused:

But yeah - I like maple and I like pearl so my next kit will probs be a maple pearl kit. :)

yeah i see what you mean but noo youre missing MY point! haha

in order to get it sounding that good and have the same feel to it as if you were playing the acosutic kit, you would need a KICK ASS digital kit - mesh heads - high end drum brain - decent hardware etc.....that will cost a fortune!

Just get an acoustic...might be cheaper! :LOL:

And they play better where a digital kit just...fails! :p

yeah thats one of the things i said you'd have to get though :LOL: ... a very high quality and realistic set of triggers and hardware. you wouldnt need a high quality drum brain at all though, just something that can send midi, and thats where you'd save some money (cos the high quality brains are hella expensive)

it'd cost you about 1200 to get all that stuff i reckon, all with mesh everything and high quality cymbal triggers too

yeah thats one of the things i said you'd have to get though :LOL: ... a very high quality and realistic set of triggers and hardware. you wouldnt need a high quality drum brain at all though, just something that can send midi, and thats where you'd save some money (cos the high quality brains are hella expensive)

oh i seeeeee!

haha

:LOL:

getchya :D

...but id still only use that for practicing! ;)

Yes, thats a good option, but mesh heads are still shy in comparison to the real thing

Hmmm today I've found out that I make cooler, more catchy beats when I'm staring off into the distance and not concentrating or thinking about my playing. :LOL:

It probably looks strange. :LOL:

I make cool beats while watching TV. :LOL:

Its the subconscious state of mind, many would say. Dunno if its right or not, but it does seem to work!

can anyone recommend me nice ear plugs?

haha all the ones i got arnt too good :happy:

I just use Hearos, they seem to work good while drumming and at concerts