aquarian double thins is it not? there is a thread on this, i started it! still u need to look around for the right heads that suit you and your kit becuase even with the same skins, your drums will be different and will have a different sounds to that of doms starclassic. still wating for my evans g2's....

You will never get the sound for Doms drums with out Tama Starclassic Drums, Mics EQ Gating and Compression, so dont try,

Dom at the mo used Remo Emps on the batters and Ambasadors on the Reso,

also a CS black dont on the snare (6 1/5 Starclassic maple)

and PS3 on the kick

At the momant their Quality Controle aint so hot,

But in my View They still make great heads Im using them at the mo on my kit and they sound great,

Dom has never really used them on his full kit only right at the start, Then He used remo on all his toms and kick and a aquarian HE head on his snare

Anyone know the colour of his drums?

Also, how many different stands does he use?

AND...what does he tune his snare and tom-tom heads to? (is there a specific note which each head should be tuned to to sound great???)

:)

hes had a few of varying colours. he had a very fetching emerald green colour in hullabaloo, a black kit on a live version of agitated, a silver one in a live version of citizen erased, a balck one with black hardware on the jonathon ross show, a gun metal grey one at the brit awards, and he was playing a metallic kit at the v fest, that i know for sure cos i was there! its difficult to tell cos of the lighting in these, sitll was fun looking htrough all my old mpegs. anyone know what type of pearl dom used to play befroe he got into starclassics?

u cudnt get doms sound out of ur drums even if u had everithin he has now, its ampliefied on his microphones, same with his cymbals they sound diffrent

Isnt that what i said :rolleyes:

TAMA has officialy supplyed him with a Silver Sparkle Kit SC maple, Blue Sparkle SC maple ( colour now available to the public ) his new kit is a SC maple with Mirror Chrome Wrap and Black HW, All others you have seen him with have been rentals bar some used in studio,

His Old Pearl Kit was a Green Wrap Export,

As for the Cymbal Sound yes they will be EQ'd through the mic's to get them to that pitch, Hence Zildjian Z cust's cound Crap in person but great through a PA

erm...horrible german brand schaller ones, theyre nasty but i had to cymbals when i got my kit in the summer, but next time i gig i can use my friends dads ones (his band gig with an electric not so they dont need them anymore) 20kcustom dark ride, 15+16" mehmet istanbul crashes, paiste signature splash and zildjian a newbeats.

hoe much is that gonna set you back? stumbled across an avedis 15" crash in a music shop in town, they were asking £200 for it. it wasnt even an a custom or anything...after some k hats of me own at the moment, but i need to get new heads for my toms first.

Get K Mastersounds (14"). I've got them and they're beautiful.