any thoughts on the PST5s?

PST5s on the other hand are generally considered to be very high quality stuff.

How about this, 502s any good?

With a whole Rockstar kit for 51 pounds? It doesn't matter, how good the cymbals are. :p I haven't played any old Paistes but they're B8, I believe and Paiste does B8 well.

I'm not sure if bronze alloy is all that ace.

Bronze is the best cymbal alloy, but there is some debate as to which is the best bronze.

Alot of people were wondering about that second pedal Dom has by his high hat and I checked last night.

It aint a double bass pedal

and every time he clicked it i counted four in my head and then noticed that he would count the next four.

he did this for every song, even ones with no backing track (that we know of)

so, our suspicions are confirmed

tap

*with sticks*

ahhh so the pedal is electronic to trigger the backing/and or metronome and presume the whole set is on a chain setting one after the other. I always wondered this - as most bands thats use tracks usually do it through a sequencer box or a v-drum or something- this is far more subtle lol!!Just got to watch you dont press the wrong pedal by accident!!!!

Well if you hadn't taken it upon yourself to through a sarky comment at me everytime you saw one of my posts I wouldn't have to bother, I don't know what your problem with me is, let's just forget it yeah.

The PST5s are Bronze Alloy if that means anything to you? They're more expensive. I'm not sure if bronze alloy is all that ace.

To be honest I heard some sabien hats the other day that were amazing, I'm just kind of set on paiste because a mate of mine has drilled it into my head that there's nothing better.

What do you use?

ok, we're fine!

i'm a zildjian man i'm afraid, and guy with expensive taste (although i picked up half my cymbal set up in a sale). any idea which sabian hats they were? chances are they were a fair bit up the cost ladder.

when i started, i played zildjian zbts (oh yes). but they were dodgy. like i said, i can't tell you much about paiste.

niles is probably the guru when it comes to knowing stuff like that. ask me anything about zildjian cymbals though and i'll help! :D

the only advice i can give you is to go into a shop and ask to try out some of the cymbals you're interested in. that way you know exactly what you're buying into.

ok, we're fine!

i'm a zildjian man i'm afraid, and guy with expensive taste (although i picked up half my cymbal set up in a sale). any idea which sabian hats they were? chances are they were a fair bit up the cost ladder.

when i started, i played zildjian zbts (oh yes). but they were dodgy. like i said, i can't tell you much about paiste.

niles is probably the guru when it comes to knowing stuff like that. ask me anything about zildjian cymbals though and i'll help! :D

the only advice i can give you is to go into a shop and ask to try out some of the cymbals you're interested in. that way you know exactly what you're buying into.

Lovejoy, get me a quote on a 6" Zil Bell..

To be honest I heard some sabien hats the other day that were amazing, I'm just kind of set on paiste because a mate of mine has drilled it into my head that there's nothing better.

This mate of yours is a brand whore. If that were true there would only be Paiste. The only way to know what you like is to try them yourself.

EDIT: From experience I have found that most exclusive Paiste players have a strange complex that involves belief in the utter superiority of their brand almost to the point of self parody. This maybe because Paiste are one of two brands that successfully use alloys other than B20 in their high end cymbals or it may be because of some more deep seated issues (I am no psychoanalyst) but you must be wary of a Paiste brand whore, particularly if you disagree with them.

Be warned. ;)

Lovejoy, get me a quote on a 6" Zil Bell..

74.1 Euro

OMG I have found my crash sound. I guess my tastes have changed since I last tried them but I got to hear an 18" 2oo2 crash today (the regular model): it was simply perfect (though it could have stood to decay a little faster but then you'll never hear that over the racket anyway).

OMG I have found my crash sound. I guess my tastes have changed since I last tried them but I got to hear an 18" 2oo2 crash today (the regular model): it was simply perfect (though it could have stood to decay a little faster but then you'll never hear that over the racket anyway).

linkeh?

Zildjian ZBT?

They're bronze, and reasonably priced.

Any opinions?

Yay? Nay?

Or for an extra £30.

ZXT?

ZHT?

Opinions people!?

hats are really good! The ride is pretty decent too.

And as DH said, they're a good stop-gap before moving onto professional level cymbals!

Id recommend them. :)

I think any Zildjian with a Z in the series title is abysmal.

RUDEs are very popular but they are not versatile. Unless you play some silly satanic metal gurrahgurrahgurrahifyou're555thenI'm666 stuff I'd stick with 2oo2s for that Paiste sound and a little more refinement (RUDEs are B8 bronze, the lightest is heavy weight (the "thin" crash) and they're unlathed).

Zildjian ZBT?

They're bronze, and reasonably priced.

Any opinions?

Yay? Nay?

Or for an extra £30.

ZXT?

ZHT?

Opinions people!?

Don't even consider the ZBTs, at least spend some more for some OK sounding cymbals. My dad has ZXT's, and the ride is pretty good, but the crashes are too tinny, and the hats are crisp, but very solid, so there's not a good 'shhhh' sound when you hit em half open, more like a 'clangggg'. ZHT Hats are a little better, but still have that same problem.

If I were you, I'd spend a little more and get some Sabian XS20 cymbals. They cost about just as much as ZXTs, but they are cast cymbals, not sheet cymbals, so they have a more natural sound. I have the XS20 Regular Hats, and they cut through real nice, are crisp, have good stick definition, and maake a nice shhhh sound when hit semi-open. I have tried the other XS20's in the store, and the rock ride and regular ride sound good too, with good projection and nice bells. Although the crashes aren't perfect, they are a definate step above the ZBT/ZXT/ZHT Lines.

I thought I recognized you!

Don't even consider the ZBTs, at least spend some more for some OK sounding cymbals. My dad has ZXT's, and the ride is pretty good, but the crashes are too tinny, and the hats are crisp, but very solid, so there's not a good 'shhhh' sound when you hit em half open, more like a 'clangggg'. ZHT Hats are a little better, but still have that same problem.

If I were you, I'd spend a little more and get some Sabian XS20 cymbals. They cost about just as much as ZXTs, but they are cast cymbals, not sheet cymbals, so they have a more natural sound. I have the XS20 Regular Hats, and they cut through real nice, are crisp, have good stick definition, and maake a nice shhhh sound when hit semi-open. I have tried the other XS20's in the store, and the rock ride and regular ride sound good too, with good projection and nice bells. Although the crashes aren't perfect, they are a definate step above the ZBT/ZXT/ZHT Lines.

+1

You're on the PDF?