not the pic on my phone, surely? hehe, don't know if you remember when two guys came up from behind and annoyed the kirkmeister - asking for a picture?

here

i am laughing and kirky does look peeved....but he was very friendly and complimented my shoes! must have just been when the pic was taken.

lol

I didnt ask for a pic ;) so it wasnt me who annoyed! lol

we had a good chat......twas a good evening! :)

you're surely not talking to me, mez

Sorry I wasn't talking to anyone directly, is just the fact in my opinion I feel that people need to stop relying on tabs and stuff to figure things out, give your ears a chance to work it out.

Just my little two cents..

Actually I have seen a few more clips from that video and the crashes are A Customs.

So I presume he is either trying an A Custom protoype or Marketing a new range for them.

You'll have to explain that to me. I'm a drummer, but God, I really don't understand.

EDIT: I think I do a bit now.. it's easier when listening. But how does one read that?

Sorry I wasn't talking to anyone directly, is just the fact in my opinion I feel that people need to stop relying on tabs and stuff to figure things out, give your ears a chance to work it out.

Just my little two cents..

i win. i've never used a tab to learn a drum part to a song :*)

How about stop relying on tabs and try and develop your own listening skills?

hows about using every available rescource to develop your drumming?

yea people should try to work stuff out for themselves and improve there listning, but that isn't always as easy as it sounds. by using a tab you help develop your reading skills as well as picking up little bits of the song you might otherwise have not heard. it also provides reasurance that someone agrees with the way you've worked it out OR gives you an alternate idea to how you've worked it out. </bitterness>:D

that fill i thought would be spread over 2 toms but after listning really closely i can't make out 2 seperate pitches. maybe he was just having a lazy day in the studio!

yea people should try to work stuff out for themselves and improve there listning, but that isn't always as easy as it sounds. by using a tab you help develop your reading skills as well as picking up little bits of the song you might otherwise have not heard. it also provides reasurance that someone agrees with the way you've worked it out OR gives you an alternate idea to how you've worked it out. </bitterness>:D

+1

that fill i thought would be spread over 2 toms but after listning really closely i can't make out 2 seperate pitches. maybe he was just having a lazy day in the studio!

Hahahah! :LOL: Most probably! :LOL:

Fair comment there :)

i win. i've never used a tab to learn a drum part to a song :*)

Same, hell I only just taught myself to read this year. :D

but that isn't always as easy as it sounds.

Then download a video of it being played. In discovering how the song is played you're learning how it's done. By using a tab you're allowing someone to rob you of that experience. I admit it's pretty hard to judge by ear a song where the drummer has 1001 toms and 10000005u23424fjafafawefw cymbals (Dream Theatre comes to mind) but if you think about it: it really doesn't matter which tom you're hitting. If you can play the song you can play the song, whether you're riding the hoop of your bass drum or playing your 3rd tom when it should be the 2nd is immaterial, as long as your limbs are right it's technicality only.

If you can play the song you can play the song, whether you're riding the hoop of your bass drum or playing your 3rd tom when it should be the 2nd is immaterial, as long as your limbs are right it's technicality only.

Yeah true that.. but as a dummer I always want to get it 100% right, or as close as for a couple of reasons..

First is, if you play it right how good it sounds takes care of its self. I always think my interpretation probably won't sound as good as the original. And second if you play it right, someone in the crowd won't be thinking, OMFG 2nd floor tom noob, not 1st!:LOL:

Yeah true that.. but as a dummer I always want to get it 100% right, or as close as for a couple of reasons..

First is, if you play it right how good it sounds takes care of its self. I always think my interpretation probably won't sound as good as the original. And second if you play it right, someone in the crowd won't be thinking, OMFG 2nd floor tom noob, not 1st!:LOL:

you should some self confidence!! Who gives a shit if someone thinks your version aint as good as the original. As long as your enjoying yourself and not doing something to disrepect the Dom then all is good :D

Since this seems to be the general area for chatting about drums.

Premier APK....

Any thoughts?

Just as an added bonus, I'm gonna go for a Paiste PST3 set, 14" hats, 16 and 18" crashes and a 20" ride, but I'm wondering...

If you had to choose between 101s and stagg, which would you have :D?

you should some self confidence!! Who gives a shit if someone thinks your version aint as good as the original. As long as your enjoying yourself and not doing something to disrepect the Dom then all is good :D

:LOL:

cheers dude

Premier APK....

Any thoughts?

Just as an added bonus, I'm gonna go for a Paiste PST3 set, 14" hats, 16 and 18" crashes and a 20" ride, but I'm wondering...

PST3'S are actually quite nice sounding for the price and...reputation :LOL:

PST3'S are actually quite nice sounding for the price and...reputation :LOL:

haha, they've been reccomended to me by someone who know what they're on about :D.

And hell, better than stock cymbals or 101s!

Premier APK....

Any thoughts?

PST3s are brass cymbals and they will sound positively dreadful, for the first week, after that the metal will fatigue and they'll begin to sound more like satan's flatulence.

If you had to choose between 101s and stagg, which would you have

Honestly I'd get the Stagg. They are chinese hand hammered B20 bronze cymbals meaning they are vastly inconsistent and you may need to go through the whole store to find a good one, but there will be good ones, which is more than can be said for beginner cymbals.

Premier APKs (Advanced Power Kit) are good entry level drums from the 80s.

haha, they've been reccomended to me by someone who know what they're on about

Clearly not.

niles with an e-kick in the teeth there.

Actually he was giving great advice :).

Unlike you, who appear to be unable to say anything worth reading.

Thanks Niles :)

I think I'll stick to the Rockstar plan over the APKs, I'd always planned on Rockstars but the APKs were just too good of a deal!

any thoughts on the PST5s?

Failing that, I don't really want to spend anymore than £220 for a set of hats, 16" crash, 18" crash and a 20" ride. Any suggestions?

How about this, 502s any good?

yeah mate, try and say something that isn't an attempt to get one over on me for once. you're 22 and should know better?

rockstars are good kits. i don't know much about paiste cymbals i'm afraid. i'm expecting they're more brass though?

Well if you hadn't taken it upon yourself to through a sarky comment at me everytime you saw one of my posts I wouldn't have to bother, I don't know what your problem with me is, let's just forget it yeah.

The PST5s are Bronze Alloy if that means anything to you? They're more expensive. I'm not sure if bronze alloy is all that ace.

To be honest I heard some sabien hats the other day that were amazing, I'm just kind of set on paiste because a mate of mine has drilled it into my head that there's nothing better.

What do you use?

Tama discontinued the Rockstar series though. Are you sure you don't mean that Swingstar kit, Ash? I think they named it "The new rock kit" or something silly like that.

Yeah I know mate, it's been replaced by the Supastar kit, but I'm looking on Ebay.

looking at this kit.

Nice eh :D.

Yeah I know mate, it's been replaced by the Supastar kit, but I'm looking on Ebay.

looking at this kit.

Nice eh :D.

That doesn't look too shabby :)

I'm not a big fan of those lugs that stretch from top to bottom though. And I really like that fact that my new bass drum doesn't have a tom holder base :D