He had the splash set up during the UK tour back in March?

Recently for the festivals he hasn't though, not sure?

I didn't see any splash cymbals in the Psycho tour, I think he dropped them just before.

He was using the bell on the first crash as a substitute for splashes.

His cymbals have all gone up an inch in size as well, apart from the china according to his zildjian profile.

Also noticed at download his second crash is so much tighter than before, barely moved when he hit it.

I didn't see any splash cymbals in the Psycho tour, I think he dropped them just before.

He was using the bell on the first crash as a substitute for splashes.

His cymbals have all gone up an inch in size as well, apart from the china according to his zildjian profile.

Also noticed at download his second crash is so much tighter than before, barely moved when he hit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51wlZSgN7g

He had a splash briefly, I guess he didn't care to play on it anymore as it hasn't been present recently.

Nice find on his cymbals, interesting that the profile mentions their latest album... The Resistance... not sure how up-to-date that page is.

Also, if anyone has any tips, suggestions, or info regarding a snare drum I am still looking to purchase a new one soon. Not sure if I should go with aluminum or black nickel over brass, or if anyone has any other suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51wlZSgN7g

He had a splash briefly, I guess he didn't care to play on it anymore as it hasn't been present recently.

Nice find on his cymbals, interesting that the profile mentions their latest album... The Resistance... not sure how up-to-date that page is.

Also, if anyone has any tips, suggestions, or info regarding a snare drum I am still looking to purchase a new one soon. Not sure if I should go with aluminum or black nickel over brass, or if anyone has any other suggestions?

Good spot, he must've ditched it after Belfast because I can't see it in Glasgow:

I've been looking into snare drums recently, what kind of sound are you after? I went into my local drum shop and the guy let me hear a few of the snares which was really helpful, it definitely gave me an idea of what I wanted. I've been drawn to the black panther machete which is a 14x6.5 steel drum. It has such a huge cutting sound to it.

Does anyone know what cymbal he's using under the second crash and china?

Looks like a smaller ~12" China. He used it for Reading in 2011, also noticed it in the making of Big Freeze video, don't think it got used on tour though.

448px-Reading_and_Leeds_Festivals_2011-08_%E2%80%93_Dominic_Howard_practising_Screenager.jpg

:-D

I think you got it right first time, a smaller china, same red logo which looks like paiste to me although in that live pic they're all zildjan

Looks like he's simplified things around his kit. Taken out a floor tom and moved the electric pads around. Also looks like the china cymbal has gone and he's replaced the ride with a crash/ride. Would be interesting if someone finds the specs for this kit.

Muse-Jools.thumb.jpg.4bb2e2889029389d7bc548f0e1e00894.jpg

Muse-Jools2.thumb.jpg.71178b26d609953c9ba3d774818057ca.jpg

Looks like he's simplified things around his kit. Taken out a floor tom and moved the electric pads around. Also looks like the china cymbal has gone and he's replaced the ride with a crash/ride. Would be interesting if someone finds the specs for this kit.

Yes, gone are the 14" floor tom and 18" china cymbal. From the research that I've made, his kit's and other gear's specs at the moment are the following:

Q Drum Co. mirror polished stainless steel drum kit (or Copper kit for the last U.S. shows, or Black mahogany/poplar/mahogany with brass inlays for the last European festival shows respectively)

22" x 16" kick (24" diameter kick for the Copper)

12" x 9" rack tom

16" x 16" floor tom

18" x 16" concert tom (no bottom head)

Various Q metal snares, usually 14" x 7" Gentleman Copper. Other snares include 14"x7" Plate Aluminum, Gentleman Aluminum and Gentleman Brass.

2 x Q custom-made light up electronic drum pads (that replaced the ribbon crasher and tambourine)

Zildjian cymbals:

15" K light hi-hats

19" K Custom dark crash (or K Sweet crash with the copper kit at the last U.S. and Mexico shows)

22" K light ride

20" A Custom EFX

Remo drumheads:

Powerstroke 3 (clear on kick batter and coated on concert tom)

Controlled sound coated with center dot (snare)

Coated Emperors (tom tops)

Clear Ambassadors (tom bottoms)

Hazy snare size Ambassador (snare side)

Custom clear kick front head with Simulation Theory text

2 x Roland PD-8 pads

Roland SPD-30 octapad

Combination of Roland RT-30 and 2Box triggers for kick, snare, and toms

DW 9000 hardware, hi-hat stand, throne, and pedals

Remo quick lock hi-hat clutch

M1 Snareweight dampener

Vic Firth AJ2 sticks

Dom_2018_drums.thumb.jpg.2ebd97d1c54dc8b45e22807c64c32e47.jpg

Muse_drums_2018_2.thumb.jpg.5d8309d39abca25a4a54cdc59929666c.jpg

Edited by Kmusecian

Posted (edited)

He's brought the china back, k custom special dry trash china by the looks of it and a k custom special dry crash instead of the a custom efx crash. Prefer this to the way he had it before.

61407253_10156828070893725_4159825690469859328_o.jpg.60e6bae587aaa6c54da978428caeb4ee.jpg

Edited by Kit_Mapex

Any drummers still about? I need ride cymbal advice. 22" K Custom Dark Ride or 23" A Sweet Ride?