Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I highly doubt we'll see any b-sides for this album, let alone original ones. Even if they did write/record more songs than they needed, that doesn't mean the leftovers will be released unfortunately. IIRC, didn't they go into the T2L sessions with loads of songs but only released the 12 we got?

I believe the number hovered around 30

Maybe one day we'll hear some of them

Muse really need to take a leaf from Frank Turner's book - he releases a "three years" (currently on the Third Three Years) album every so often which includes alot of b-sides, covers and alternate versions to songs. This always goes down well with his fans and it's great to hear some of the stuff that didn't make it on to albums

Muse really need to take a leaf from Frank Turner's book - he releases a "three years" (currently on the Third Three Years) album every so often which includes alot of b-sides, covers and alternate versions to songs. This always goes down well with his fans and it's great to hear some of the stuff that didn't make it on to albums

Yeah that would be good! Biffy Clyro have done similar collections with their last three albums, we had Similarities for Opposites, Lonely Revolutions for Only Revolutions and Missing Pieces for Puzzle

I highly doubt we'll see any b-sides for this album, let alone original ones. Even if they did write/record more songs than they needed, that doesn't mean the leftovers will be released unfortunately. IIRC, didn't they go into the T2L sessions with loads of songs but only released the 12 we got?

I know that, but I also said in my comment that I was hoping and speculating, which you seemed to cut off in your quote of me.

Yeah, not sure about T2L, if so, then damn.

I've just got a feeling that they've got a B-side or separate single up their sleeve, given that it's rawer this album, I think they may have some floating around.

Like I said, though, I'm just hoping and speculating.

I know that, but I also said in my comment that I was hoping and speculating, which you seemed to cut off in your quote of me.

Yeah, not sure about T2L, if so, then damn.

I've just got a feeling that they've got a B-side or separate single up their sleeve, given that it's rawer this album, I think they may have some floating around.

Like I said, though, I'm just hoping and speculating.

The fact that this album was tailored to a concept makes it highly unlikely for a b-side to be released with lyrical content pertinent to that of the narrative, since I'd imagine it would undermine the album by having a discarded cut put out there. If it's something totally irrelevant then it could happen.

I can understand they being selective with what material release. They probably only want out in the street what they are most proud of (even if they released Big Freeze) and as a plus, keeping interest in them making the vaults full of goodies. Even nowdays fans of 70s bands are excited when a new show or tracks is released.

Just heard it.

I guess the transformation into depeche muse is complete now.

Weak lyrics, weak song... Apart from Psycho, I'm very disappointed so far.

wat. It doesn't even remotely sound like Depeche Mode, in addition, they have incomparably better songwriting and lyrics as well. Don't understand what you're getting at...

Another disappointment, nearly fell asleep halfway through. The more I hear the less I'm interested in the new album, much like the last couple actually. At least they've been consistent I guess.

I'm sure you literally almost fell asleep during the song. Congratulations.

I'm sure you literally almost fell asleep during the song. Congratulations.

Yep, started to nod off about a minute and a half in but managed to struggle on until the end. It was tough going but being able to survive such drivel is probably something can now go on my CV. It's always good to take a positive form bad experiences. :cool:

Another disappointment, nearly fell asleep halfway through. The more I hear the less I'm interested in the new album, much like the last couple actually. At least they've been consistent I guess.

I guess that's the rub of it all right? Nobody could say that the first 4 albums were snooze-inducing. One thing about OoS is how it got me pumped up the first time I ever listened to it.