Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'm certainly getting a Follow Me vibe. Only there's like a massive explosion of feels for me and it never happens with this song. I wouldn't mind if it had a bit less wails... It makes me picture Matt in ragged clothing with ash all over him and he's on his knees and he's like, "PREACH IT HALLELUJAH PRAISE BE TO JEBUS"

I really love it though, but I'm such a sucker for whatever they make. :rolleyes:

I think this will be the turning point on the album. Considering the lyrics, it's rather upbeat. Hopeful. But that's what it's meant to be, a turning point for the protagonist to realize he can fight back and no longer be "Psycho." I'm looking forward to hearing Drones tell the story start to finish. There's just this moment, I can't quite put my finger on it, that I feel like I'm in church. However, maybe that's meant to be?

I think this will be the turning point on the album. Considering the lyrics, it's rather upbeat. Hopeful. But that's what it's meant to be, a turning point for the protagonist to realize he can fight back and no longer be "Psycho." I'm looking forward to hearing Drones tell the story start to finish. There's just this moment, I can't quite put my finger on it, that I feel like I'm in church. However, maybe that's meant to be?

That's probably what Matt intended, seeing as the last track has been described as very hymnal and ends on a religious note

I like it. I'm not sure how I'd compare it to the other three new songs I've heard, or even to the rest of Muse's songs, but one thing's certain: it's definitely stuck in my head.

The Cobain doc "Montage of Heck" was just on TV, so I watched it. It was great. You'd think I'd now have Nirvana songs playing in my head. Nope. Friggin' Merrrrrcyyyy.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet (I'm a slacker for reading through threads). I like the song but I feel as if it is lacking substance? It's kind of just the typical chorus verse chorus with no significant moments. I was disappointed hearing the studio version because I thought it sounded much better from what I heard of it live. (The harmonies sound a bit unusual too).

Sorry, I don't want to sound like a hater - I'm open to getting my mind changed about this song too :happy:

I've listened to the song quite a few times now since last night... I do really like it, its Muse... Out of the 3 songs they have officially released so far though, I'd probably say its my least favourite out of the 3. Thats not to say I dislike the song, but its not my favourite either...yet anyway, it might just grow on me this.

Considering Download Festival is also only 4 weeks away, apart from Phycho, i've yet to hear a song from this album that would fit in with the Download demographic.

To me Mercy is like a meld of Starlight and Stockholm. It also has a Smashing Pumpkins vibe about it, which is good thing because i'm also a big fan of the Pumpkins.

right now, I'm really laughing at all the people who thought the leak wasn't the final version :LOL: I still don't have a problem with it. perhaps the synths could be louder but that's it.

Same. It's ridiculous, this fanbase is always in perpetual denial about anything that gets released lol. My only complaint is it's disappointing that this track falls victim to the loudness wars but ignoring the fact that it clips, the way it was mixed seems intentional. All of the vocal layering as well Matt's sometimes bizarre delivery of vocals in the initial and following verse seem to me to fit solidly into the confused haze of the narrative. Loud guitar mixing too for that matter if anything tries to make the song and its pleading message seem urgent IMO.

This is my least favourite of the new songs. I don't know if it's Matt's delivery or what, but it's lacking something and sounds generic. If they're going to go for the sound BH&R had, I'd rather it be more like Glorious and less like Easily...if that makes sense.

I'd rather it be more like Glorious and less like Easily...if that makes sense.

Yeah, it makes sense. I associated the song more with Exo-Politics, though, is a song with antagonists, the Zetas in Exo and here the men in cloaks.

Edited by Finn.