Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

And this is why no one should trust fan descriptions.

Hearing the song now.

I trust descriptions. Most of the others were accurate. It's just when people start busting out song title comparisons it's stupid. Obviously a different song won't sound like "x" song unless it's a rip off of the same exact structure.

It's very Starlight. Huge chorus, good vocals, but not "dark" at all lol. Maybe lyrically but I can't make out much.

Lyrical content is dark, but you know Matt. He can focus on one "dark" element and yet the rest of the song won't correlate lol. But this is a solid nugget of pop. No clue why this wasn't their first single...

So this is my first listen review.

It sounds actually really good and nice, the problem is that Matt hyped it as a dark heavy song.

The bass beat is quite litterally an inverse sounding riff o the Starlight bass riff.

Where you get starlight going DUN DUN DAH, this one is DA DA DUN.

Vocals are Starlight and Explorers sounding.

All in all its not bad, but its just dissapointing after they say back to basics and its not

I trust descriptions. Most of the others were accurate. It's just when people start busting out song title comparisons it's stupid. Obviously a different song won't sound like "x" song unless it's a rip off of the same exact structure.

Guess I meant comparisons rather than general descriptions.

Really sounds like a standard anthemic song. Maybe leaning a bit on the BH&R cheesy side (that's where the Glorious comparisons came from I guess). Who said it wasn't pop?

This should've been the 2nd track released

I totally agree, this should have been the lead single over Dead Inside. I like it, but after seeing Psycho I grew a huge appreciation for that song so I'm going to say this is probably my least favorite song we've heard so far. Reapers>Dead Inside>Psycho>Mercy for me.