Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'd say the singles we've had from Drones so far (including Psycho) are better than all of these tbh

Nah Uprising was pretty good when it came out. Kind of formulaic Muse by numbers but still pretty good. We've just heard it a million times. Same goes for Resistance. Then I'd put Supremacy and Survival and DI/Mercy after that.

Exactly, his point was Reapers is not a single so if you think it's the best of the songs so far, then the singles clearly aren't the best of the album.

I'm just being pessimistic to try and not be let down. One song isn't representative of the album though.

What I should have said is that I hope the singles aren't representative of the majority of the album. I don't think that will be the case, like I said it's just me being a pessimist.

Just blasted it on my headphones through a relatively high-end setup. Sounds fine.

Are you deaf?

Money well spent on that high-end setup then

EDIT: I'm backing up a bit and saying that maybe it does sound fine on a high-end setup. However that doesn't change the fact that it's mixed poorly.

Edited by Jazzthief

Is it relatively brickwalled?

Yes, it's 2015. The drums are a bit compressed.

Other than that, it sounds good.

So are Psycho and Dead Inside, yet they don't sound so horrible as Mercy - the vocals sound like they were just thrown in there without any mixing to make them fit with the instrumentation.

Just noticed how quiet the drums sound. Really if the level on the vocals and piano were dropped a bit it'd be fine.

Vocals and piano are way too loud, drums and synths are too quiet, and bass just lacks well...bass. I'd say this is a really bad mastering for a band like Muse

Lol I actually like it. Yes, it's very poppy and the chorus does not really have a lot of variety in it (i.e. none) but the heaviness of the guitar makes it up for me. Sounds like the perfect setlist replacement of Starlight.

Lol I actually like it. Yes, it's very poppy and the chorus does not really have a lot of variety in it (i.e. none) but the heaviness of the guitar makes it up for me. Sounds like the perfect setlist replacement of Starlight.

The singalong to Starlight is million times better and actually singable.

The singalong to Starlight is million times better and actually singable.

True that, I wouldn't be able to reach those high notes. On the other hand, I also struggle with the starlight chorus :LOL:

Anyway, what I meant was that I think a lot of people are pretty tired of Starlight by now so an alternative for most (not all) gigs could be welcome for some. It would be for me at least.