Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I much prefer Starlight, i still think the guys are just reusing old songs to create new ones, without erasing enough elements of the old ones. It's alright i guess... but it's just so boring and not very innovative.

Although, a lot of people complain when they change too much so i understand the whole 'they are constanstly asked to sound like old Muse, so that might limit their creativity'...

Starlight, as simple as it is, was a new sound when it first came out, and it did innovate. Now this song doesn't bring nothing new to the table.

I kinda like the piano bits though.

Maybe it'll grow on me, i don't know.

I much prefer Starlight, i still think the guys are just reusing old songs to create new ones, without erasing enough elements of the old ones. It's alright i guess... but it's just so boring and not very innovative.

Neh.

How so?

I think it's a bit much to expect every song to sound new and completely different to what they've done before (okay I may be exaggerating to the other extreme here. But of course there will be similarities to their old songs.)

I think it's a bit much to expect every song to sound new and completely different to what they've done before (okay I may be exaggerating to the other extreme here. But of course there will be similarities to their old songs.)

Yes, of course you can never be completely innovative, but still, it sounds like they are just modifying old songs. That's a bit too much, in my opinnion.

It just sounds like Drones is a more natural and fluid progression from BH&R. Basically just forget The Resistance and T2L even exist and you'll be fine.

I'd say TR was a pretty natural progression sound-wise from BHAR, it just lacked in quality in some areas. T2L was an attempt at progression but ended up a bit of a mess. So far, Drones feels like a devolution if anything, though a welcome one imo.

Does Matt play guitar for this song and Morgan do the piano live?!

I would assume so. Pretty much the same setup as Starlight.