There will only be one drone. The 'super' drone.

There'll be lots of other drones dotted around like them colour changing asteroid objects last tour, and the "Super Drone" will be the next step up from Charles The Robot.

Amusingly, I know some people who are obsessed with those things, and they insist on them being called 'quadrotors' instead of 'drones'... its a sort of "you-know-who" taboo. "Drones kill people, these don't" is the explanation given.

The type that Matt and the other guy are flying in that photo is a DJI Inspire and they're worth $3,000 each

http://www.dji.com/products

Edit: These are way too small to be useful at gigs for anything other than snazzy camera angles, and even then getting permission to fly them over an audience would be a complete nightmare. Those rotor blades are carbon fibre and if one went wrong and came down, it could do serious damage to anyone unfortunate enough to be below as it fell. Also they generally have a maximum battery life of 20 minutes.

Edited by Captain Radiator

Sick idea bro, but it doesn't fit the theme of the album since drones=people and not the "all-seeing eye of the government".

Still a pretty cool idea, could be used for their tinfoil hat songs I guess.

Hmmmm, probably.

Suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility to fuse the two ideas, although as noted, flying drones over the crowd might prove problematic to squeeze past Health & Safety.

Or maybe, as noted, you could have an array of drones similar to the balloons or brain electrodes in the stands behind the stage on the previous stadium tours.

I remember a member o f Muse saying that the last tour was the top of the iceberg, they can't go any further...so maybe one drone as part of the stage setting, a big one over the heads of the band, fimling them ... Or the stage is a drone...oh, someone said that already :D

I don't think Health and Safety will allow drones to be used at gigs, much less a million drones :p

These things seem like they can inflict some nasty injuries... and may not be sufficiently reliable.

In the news today, Jay Chou (quite a famous Taiwanese pop star) narrowly missed a drone mishap out at sea while filming a music video. Now, imagine multiple drones over a crowd of thousands... seems like a potential disaster :stunned:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/jay-chou-narrowly-escapes/1775998.html

Instrumentally in comparison but in approach more comparable to older albums, but also there's still the chance it was intentional.

Two minimal synths were basically the only things that were "added" to the 3 piece formula. Muse won't get big and bombast unless the song thematically calls for it, like The Globalist.

Two minimal synths were basically the only things that were "added" to the 3 piece formula.

The robot voice too though. Not a big addition by any means but still something a bit OTT and totally superfluous.

Just found this ( nothing to do with drones tough..)

We have a Muse covers thread.

I believe strings and a hammond organ feature on Psycho...

I meant Dead Inside. But yeah, Muse are still staying minimal, the organ was effective and I didn't hear any strings.

The robot voice too though. Not a big addition by any means but still something a bit OTT and totally superfluous.

It adds character to the song, the less they do to distinguish it from other tracks when it's intended to cater to a pop audience could just end up making it sound samey. But yeah, a couple synths + the robot voice. At least the way the synths are used aren't silly like in Uprising. I like Uprising but the intent feels very different here

Glen Rowe's newest tweet is odd. Disco-ball type globe. The Muse fan in me is telling me he's trying to make reference to The Globalist in some way but I don't know what he could be saying

The Globalist is really an 80's Disco Track

Glen Rowe's newest tweet is odd. Disco-ball type globe. The Muse fan in me is telling me he's trying to make reference to The Globalist in some way but I don't know what he could be saying

Why would he make a reference to the Globalist?