Let's leave 4chan confined (and erased, babe) to its little corner of the internet where it belongs.

And I called out Alexander on FB a while ago asking for updates, but he never responded.

From what I can see, one of two things have happened:

1) He got annoyed at all the people pestering him (in which case, he should've known what he was getting himself into) and has stopped talking about it.

2) He was fibbing or just didn't get the album.

Either way, not really worth talking so much about anymore.

1) He got annoyed at all the people pestering him (in which case, he should've known what he was getting himself into) and has stopped talking about it.

Or he hates the album and he's now disassociated himself from Muse and all subsidiaries of Muse.

This. Let's just leave it for now

3) He got the album but iTunes replaced it with U2's "Songs of Innoncence"

He could have been sick of people calling him a liar, not people pestering him about it. Would you share a new album with a group of people saying that you're probably lying? I wouldn't.

He could have been sick of people calling him a liar, not people pestering him about it. Would you share a new album with a group of people saying that you're probably lying? I wouldn't.

He did tell us that he was getting it today. He knew the consequences of that information...

If he didn't want being called a liar he should never have mentioned it. There's the possibility of this highly anticipated album being leaked, you can't really expect the consequences of your actions to be any different.

Same thing really.

Also, if you're gonna tell a band's forum that you'll have early access to their new album without providing any proof, you should expect people to be dubious.