Didn't Matt specifically say in an interview that he wrote a sequel and was happy with it but 'wasn't sure if it would make it on the album'?

yeah:

"Is it true that you’ve written a sequel to Citizen Erased?

(laughs) I did indeed. But I don’t know yet if it will appear on the album or not. Because it actually was only a test. I wanted to see if I’d be able to once again write a song in the style of our second album ’Origin of Symmetry’ or if it would be near impossible because I’m somewhere else. It was about stripping off the recent past and to go back to something which was long ago. I was quite unsure about it and with this song I wanted to find out. And it worked out."

So even though the album might be in that 'style' and with that theme, it's definitely not "the sequel" he was talking about since that's a specific song that may or may not crop up on the album.

You ignored the part where he said he was applying that mentality from that song to the whole record

"With this conclusion I approached the other songs. With the motto: It works so I can continue with it. With the ’back-to-basics’-approach I explained earlier."

Noticeably they've only played Animals from T2L and no Citizen Erased, Deadstar or piano songs. This could all just be for the Psycho tour, but I really hope Assasin and Uno stick around. I think they fit in with the new albums feel.

How will the single be released first is the big question. Radio? Youtube? Or iTunes?

You ignored the part where he said he was applying that mentality from that song to the whole record

"With this conclusion I approached the other songs. With the motto: It works so I can continue with it. With the ’back-to-basics’-approach I explained earlier."

Yeah just saying it's not 'the sequel' that he talked and tweeted about. That's still it's own song, which is cool

Still a ludicrous statement

You doubted me when I said it was true :phu:

Yeah just saying it's not 'the sequel' that he talked and tweeted about. That's still it's own song, which is cool

It is though. The part I quoted was literally immediately after the part you quoted in the interivew. He was talking about the mentality and approach he used for the CE sequel is what he applied to the rest of the album. My point is the whole album can be potentially considered a CE 'continuation' albeit perhaps or perhaps not containing the actual CE sequel song

You doubted me when I said it was true :phu:

It is though. The part I quoted was literally immediately after the part you quoted in the interivew. He was talking about the mentality and approach he used for the CE sequel is what he applied to the rest of the album. My point is the whole album can be potentially considered a CE 'continuation' albeit perhaps or perhaps not containing the actual CE sequel song

So you're saying that he didn't write one song that he called a sequel to CE that may or may not be on the album? Because that's literally all Im saying. Just that it exists so even if the whole album is a sort of continuation of CE like some people suspect, a single song sequel also definitely was written

So you're saying that he didn't write one song that he called a sequel to CE that may or may not be on the album? Because that's literally all Im saying. Just that it exists so even if the whole album is a sort of continuation of CE like some people suspect, a single song sequel also definitely was written

Lol no you're right the song exists. But I think he probably scrapped it when he realized it made more sense to write a whole record in that vein rather than just confining the theme to one song.

Lol no you're right the song exists. But I think he probably scrapped it when he realized it made more sense to write a whole record in that vein rather than just confining the theme to one song.

Thats a big assumption and I sure hope that's not the case. I'd love to hear the sequel on the album or as a bside since Matt himself said it turned out pretty well