Whistled melody? Oh dear god please no, please don't let that happen! I don't want Matt to whistle in my ears for thirty seconds! I hoped he was just fooling around and not actually recording his whistling D:

I would have thought that Matt whistling into a microphone was enough of a tip-off, but apparently not.

Seriously, though, the comparisons are so old, you can't count on it being accurate, or just stuck in everyone's heads.

Especially the Queen one.

Even the little bits of vocals we heard in the Defector video raised a warning flag for me.

Seriously, though, the comparisons are so old, you can't count on it being accurate, or just stuck in everyone's heads.

well we've already heard Queen-like harmonies in Defector.

This. At least there are no Radiohead comparisons this time :LOL:

Comparisons to Hendrix and Pink Floyd sound promising but who know how accurate they really are...

All in all, most songs sound fairly promising. Especially The Handler, The Globalist and I'm really curious to hear Drones now. I'd be happier without the Queen and U2 bullshit though.

It does unfortunately sound like another mixed bag like TR and T2L. That's a bit of a shame, really.

Why can't they do some Zeppelin esque stuff installing of fucking U2/Queen once more FFS! :LOL:

You didn't hear 70s Queen. 70s Queen > Zeppelin. Anyday.

The turn into U2 in Big Freeze scared me to be honest, but i'm glad to see it was just an accident.

Well, my expectations for this album have dropped a bit. I'm dreading Revolt. I didn't like the brief snippet of Queen-y vocals in Defector and it sounds like they're gonna be fairly prominent, which is a shame 'cause the instrumentals sounded pretty decent. Aftermath is a bit of a vague description, could be decent, could be awful.

Drones sounds interesting though. Maybe like an a capella Soldier's Poem?

Well, my expectations for this album have dropped a bit. I'm dreading Revolt.

Drones sounds interesting though. Maybe like an a capella Soldier's Poem?

I'd say low expectation is the way to go on this one TBH.

I think it will be hard not to be disappointed on some level...