Okay...?

It just seemed like you were using that as a reason to believe it's possible when really it doesn't prove much.

nah was just sort of thinking out loud, just itching for more details about Drones and trying to find something that could give it a bit more validity

Brandon Flowers' album is being streamed on iTunes ahead of a Monday release, and Blur and Mumford's albums were done by a similar method. So I'd presume there's going to be a legal stream in the week before release, although whether or not its on iTunes is anyones guess.

The album will be released in 24 days so I'd imagine we'll be hearing it by legal (i.e. streaming) or less legal (i.e. leak) means in about 3 weeks. Plus it looks like we'll hear before then as well.

Listening to a leak isn't illegal, only distributing a leak would be illegal.

Listening to a leak isn't illegal, only distributing a leak would be illegal.
Are you sure about that? Presumably you have to download the leak to listen to it, and I think we all know what record companies think of that.

Are you sure about that? Presumably you have to download the leak to listen to it, and I think we all know what record companies think of that.

I'm pretty sure listening to a leak makes you complicit in illegal activity. I'd imagine it's like attending a screening of a bootlegged movie or watching a bootlegged movie without downloading it/purchasing it.

I'm pretty sure listening to a leak makes you complicit in illegal activity. I'd imagine it's like attending a screening of a bootlegged movie or watching a bootlegged movie without downloading it/purchasing it.

Simply watching a bootlegged movie is *not* illegal, even under the US's backwards copyright laws. I believe some lobbyists have tried to make it illegal, but they've not yet succeeded.

Simply watching a bootlegged movie is *not* illegal, even under the US's backwards copyright laws. I believe some lobbyists have tried to make it illegal, but they've not yet succeeded.

I stand corrected. Do you know if that applies to "consuming" leaked music as well?

My ISP has seriously threatened me for downloading in the past, with legal action (even though it wasn't me that did 90% of the downloading, nor anyone in my household,) so I'm pretty sure downloading is illegal.

YouTube would be a grey area, for sure, and bootlegs.

Just get a VPN