Am I right in saying for T2L Muse put it online to stream a little before release date? Or am I getting mixed up here?

Yes I believe so, can't remember how long before though, maybe a few weeks at most.

Something tells me that the date they have set for streaming the iHeartRadio listening party implies that they expect no leak to occur. It is entirely possible that in the event of a leak however they might stream that a week or so earlier then put the album online for streaming right after

http://muse.mu/news,listen-to-the-2nd-law-online_1411.htm?f=news&pg=1

23th September 2012"LISTEN TO THE 2ND LAW ONLINE

Album streaming starts today!"

Out on 29th September in some countries. A week before the official release. The leak happened 1 day before.

I think we get de official Drones stream on 1st June (5 June is the earlier release day) or, hopefully, on 28/29th of May. Beacuse of festivals shows, but i dont think so. We'll see. But, i dont expect any leak.

Edited by GrMalkfredt

I predict the length of the tracks (minus the two preludes/interludes Drill Sergeant and JFK) will be averagely very long, akin to The Resistance. That is because there are going to be a good number of composite and innerly diverse tracks (Reapers and The Handler correlate with that), with the 10-mins tour-de-force of The Globalist being the aphex of it all.

If I were to guess:

Dead Inside - 4:22

Drill Sergeant - 0:35

Psycho - 5:16

Mercy - 4:30

The Handler - 5:20

Reapers - 5:40

JFK - 1:40

Defector - 4:50

Revolt - 5:10

Aftermath - 4:40

The Globalist - 9:20

Drones - 3:50

Yes, I'm so bored that I actually just predicted track lengths. Also, I have two big essays to do and I'm trying to procrastinate.

If I were to guess:

The Handler - 5:20

Reapers - 5:40

Revolt - 5:10

Aftermath - 4:40

The Globalist - 9:20

Drones - 3:50

Yes, I'm so bored that I actually just predicted track lengths. Also, I have two big essays to do and I'm trying to procrastinate.

The Handler - 5:45

Reapers - 5:50

Revolt - 3:45

Aftermath - 5:20

The Globalist - 10:40

Drones - 6:14

Here are my predictions

The Handler - 5:45

Reapers - 5:50

Revolt - 3:45

Aftermath - 5:20

The Globalist - 10:40

Drones - 6:14

Here are my predictions

And mine:

Mercy - 5:30

The Handler - 4:45

Reapers - 6:25

Defector - 5:35

Revolt - 4:16

Aftermath - 4:55

The Globalist - 10:55

Drones - 5:00

1. Dead Inside - 0:00

2. [Drill Sergeant] - 0:00

3. Psycho - 0:00

4. Mercy - 0:00

5. Reapers - 0:00

6. The Handler - 0:00

7. [JFK] - 0:00

8. Defector - 0:00

9. Revolt - 0:00

10. Aftermath - 0:00

11. The Globalist - 0:00

12. Drones - 0:00

1. Dead Inside - 0:00

2. [Drill Sergeant] - 0:00

3. Psycho - 0:00

4. Mercy - 0:00

5. Reapers - 0:00

6. The Handler - 0:00

7. [JFK] - 0:00

8. Defector - 0:00

9. Revolt - 0:00

10. Aftermath - 0:00

11. The Globalist - 0:00

12. Drones - 0:00

I was about to put some common sense in this post aswell, thank you :LOL:

Isn't it a bit strange that Matt hasn't mentioned anything about the title track yet? In the last interviews he talked about every song on the album expect for that one

Well said. What kind of track will it be?

I just hope it's not going to feature only recorded noises from a bunch of drones...

The only thing he's said is that Drones (and The Globalist) are an epilogue of sorts to the album (meaning they didn't exactly fit into the narrative that apparently happened after the album was written.)

So, not very descriptive.

And I would also place my bets on an instrumental, most likely incorporating drone noises, as well. :chuckle:

Well said. What kind of track will it be?

I just hope it's not going to feature only recorded noises from a bunch of drones...

Apparently, Dom said that it 'sounds more like Psycho than Dead Inside'. That's the only thing that's been said about it so far, assuming he was definitely talking about the song and not the album in general.

Apparently, Dom said that it 'sounds more like Psycho than Dead Inside'. That's the only thing that's been said about it so far, assuming he was definitely talking about the song and not the album in general.

I got the impression he was talking about the album as a whole, which fits with what we already know about it, but I know people were very concerned when DI came out, that Muse had lied about the album being heavy.

I think that would be a weird way to address a question about one specific song.

he was referring to the whole album

also

About the streamed iHeart gig

"Muse will be playing new songs from their upcoming album Drone which will be released on June 9th,"

So webster, iHeart and Mayan will have new songs