Well it's officially May which means 1 month and a few days to go people. And by the end of May we should have heard at least 1 new song (probably the Handler) and might have pro-shots of Psycho and any other Drones songs they play at Big Weekend.

I have a good feeling about Mercy.

I hope it tends more towards SMBH than anything. Since it sounds like it'll be the next single, I just don't want to be blindsided again. DI, like Madness, both gave off heavy vibes just from the song titles alone, and Mercy does too. I hope it doesn't follow the trend of being simple stripped down soft-rock.

I hope it tends more towards SMBH than anything. Since it sounds like it'll be the next single, I just don't want to be blindsided again. DI, like Madness, both gave off heavy vibes just from the song titles alone, and Mercy does too. I hope it doesn't follow the trend of being simple stripped down soft-rock.

Going by Mercy's position on the album, I reckon it's gonna be pretty heavy.

Didn't Matt say in an interview it's particularly heavy?

Yes, he said it's heavy and very dark. I'm excited to hear it as it's the link between Psycho and Reapers. I hope it takes what Psycho brings in terms of concept, but makes it more serious and sinister.

FFS (Franz Ferdinand + Sparks) plays Jools Holland on 8th May. Bands usually plays on Jools Holland before their albums are released (FFS album on 5 June). Previously Blur and Mumford and Sons did this.

Muse play at Big Weekend show on 21 May. Maybe they will record their performance this week before going to USA and the BBC will air the show on the week of 21 may.

This is my bet.

We will put attention at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006ml0l/broadcasts/upcoming

I don't remember Matt saying Mercy was gonna be heavy, just that it would be dark. I'm imagining a dark piano song.

I think he said that most of that half of the album was going to be quite heavy and dark but then again it could still be heavy as a piano song