I'll be honest, I didn't listen to it properly, so I can't really say much on the matter. However, surely it has to be coincidence? I doubt Muse would purposefully rip anyone off...

Yes, Muse would definitely not try to imitate another artists :musesign:

I'll be honest, I didn't listen to it properly, so I can't really say much on the matter. However, surely it has to be coincidence? I doubt Muse would purposefully rip anyone off...

You shouldn't really criticize people if you haven't heard it...

It's basically a cover of the score.

I talked about it in the other thread, but I can't really wrap my head around it being a coincidence, or unconscious plagiarism.

I don't particularly mind the "this sounds like this" songs, tbh. This one just seems particularly odd to me at this point, and goes way beyond that level.

You shouldn't really criticize people if you haven't heard it...

It's basically a cover of the score.

I talked about it in the other thread, but I can't really wrap my head around it being a coincidence, or unconscious plagiarism.

I don't particularly mind the "this sounds like this" songs, tbh. This one just seems particularly odd to me at this point, and goes way beyond that level.

I wasn't meaning to criticize anyone, I was just debating my view that I don't think that Muse would do anything like that on purpose. I do admit, I see the similarities, from what I heard, but I honestly think it's coincidence.

I wasn't meaning to criticize anyone, I was just debating my view that I don't think that Muse would do anything like that on purpose. I do admit, I see the similarities, from what I heard, but I honestly think it's coincidence.

I feel like if Matt was able to remember that piece of score that accurately, he probably should have also remembered where he heard it. :chuckle:

How? They're big Morricone fans, and the piece is pretty much identical. It can't be a coiincidence.

It is definitely not a coincidence, what with the whistling and chair throwing (imitating gunshots). They'll most likely give credit to him on the inside booklet

I'm bored more than half to death, and would love to discuss something.

Of course, I'm so painfully bored I can't even think of anything.

I am a little concerned about having watched those Making Ofs before the songs came out.

Is this going to influence how I look at the songs when I do hear them?

I am a little concerned about having watched those Making Ofs before the songs came out.

Trivia about yourself and muse?

I'll start:

I can't tell Ashamed, Yes Please and Agitated apart in their first few seconds

The making-of videos don't seem to be any different from the ones from The Resistance or The 2nd Law. I've never seen the other ones from prior albums in full. They're not really short but I would like to maybe see a more linear documentary style making-of. I love it when movies and such have that.

I think these Making Ofs will positively impact your view of the tracks. Lets say your first impression was a shoddy live recording like Reapers? What then? Whereas say we got the Making Of Reapers before we heard the live recording. I'm sure our opinions would be a little less negative granted the higher quality clips we've been exposed to, rather than a possibly negative first impression due to external factors.

The making-of videos don't seem to be any different from the ones from The Resistance or The 2nd Law. I've never seen the other ones from prior albums in full. They're not really short but I would like to maybe see a more linear documentary style making-of. I love it when movies and such have that.

I really wish they would release one Making Of video a week. Assuming it was one per track, that would be a perfect way to tide us over given the length of time still left. I mean honestly it reveals enough little tidbits about a track without revealing its entirety to us. Especially since we hear next to nothing from Matt in terms of vocal contributions. I feel like if and when the 1 minute 30 second long previews arise inevitably on iTunes, those would spoil far more than these Making Ofs. Although if say 30 second clips were to appear on Amazon I'd probably listen to those as they're less of a weird-length spoiler.

The album is ready now so I think we will get something soon! And, There are some interviews around already so...to hear something from te band themselves would make my day!

This.

Mastering will maybe take a week if not a bit more, then the interviews will start, the reviews as well