Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

It really just comes to down to it being ineffective as a chorus. There's no meat to it, shame the verses are so much beefier in comparison.

I don't care about the beef factor. I just think the verses sound way more Muse. Something about them reminds me of MK Ultra.

Chorus still bothers me, it's been a few hours. :indiff:

Have you left the board? Go do something else lol. I had a bunch of errands and stuff to do and by the time I came back with my head and opinion cleared of it I wasn't hearing classic rock as much as I was before.

I don't care about the beef factor. I just think the verses sound way more Muse. Something about them reminds me of MK Ultra.

Have you left the board? Go do something else lol. I had a bunch of errands and stuff to do and by the time I came back with my head and opinion cleared of it I wasn't hearing classic rock as much as I was before.

The verses do sound way more Muse, however the falsetto is the flimsiest we've gotten from him in a long time. And I've been doing other work and stuff, his vocals are just weak during the choruses.

The verses do sound way more Muse, however the falsetto is the flimsiest we've gotten from him in a long time. And I've been doing other work and stuff, his vocals are just weak during the choruses.

You think hes going to let a weak vocal performance make it to the record? No chance. Also people mentioned him sounding out of breath during a few songs and I slagged it off. Then I heard some of those songs on videos, they were right. He's just not in concert form yet. He'll be fine man.

You think hes going to let a weak vocal performance make it to the record? No chance. Also people mentioned him sounding out of breath during a few songs and I slagged it off. Then I heard some of those songs on videos, they were right. He's just not in concert form yet. He'll be fine man.

:erm::rolleyes: alright.. well considering how 80s that melody is, his falsetto has to be pristine on record to make that work.

The more you hear it the more it grows on you, like almost any Muse song. I put it down for a couple hours and did normal person things and then came back to it and suddenly the chorus didn't really bother me anymore.

Good advice :happy: The only thing I really don't like now is the chorus vocals but I really think his voice is tired. There's no way they'd record those Susan Boyle vocals on the album :LOL:

Good advice :happy: The only thing I really don't like now is the chorus vocals but I really think his voice is tired. There's no way they'd record those Susan Boyle vocals on the album :LOL:

LOL. I hope not. I don't mind falsetto. It's funny people see us bitching about falsetto. Its not that its falsetto its that it doesn't sound like Matt falsetto rather Matt trying to sound like something else. It's like when he did his Bono impression on Big Freeze.

I definitely agree. The lyrics are so much better in this compared to the majority of the last couple of albums. Makes me feel a bit better about Psycho's unfortunate debut.

Honestly I think this is a huge step in the right direction. Ok, it might not be OoS MKII: The Experience: The Musical, but it's definitely what I was looking for. I actually found the chorus to be quite enjoyable, and reckon the falsetto will improve significantly throughout the tour/on the studio version. It might not fit in with the song entirely but at least its not Psycho

So the falsetto basically just sounds like SMBH in the same amount of steam the track loses live. I figure it'll sound better on record but eh. This recording sounds far better than all the rest, so that's good.

It seems like they were in a sweet spot, acoustically, so it's not too distorted or anything. Their only video, so far.

Just noticed hes not touching his whammy during the beginning of the solo. That means its an automated midi file triggered by Morgan like Unsustainable.

You can also see it changes setting automatically so even when he's using it it's still under some MIDI map.

Listening to better quality recordings, it's growing on me. I think the chorus'll sound a lot better on the record, it sounds like it could be pretty catchy actually. My only real (quite minor) gripes with it are that the solo should be about half the length it is and that the outro, as fantastic as it is, kinda comes out of nowhere.

Listening to better quality recordings, it's growing on me. I think the chorus'll sound a lot better on the record, it sounds like it could be pretty catchy actually. My only real (quite minor) gripes with it are that the solo should be about half the length it is and that the outro, as fantastic as it is, kinda comes out of nowhere.

My guess is that the outro exists to push the concept forward. The guitar riff sounds ominous, and the sirens signal the coming of the Reaper drones I think. I feel like it's probably meant to segue into the next track rather than end as it did live.