Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

• 1 month later...
This has no relation to Muse, but if you want to truly hear a "10 minute prog-rock nightmare" check this out: Come Wander With me / Deliverance by Anna von Hausswolf.

If you like it her album Ceremony was pretty epic as well - I highly recommend it.

This should go in the other music section of the forum

This has no relation to Muse, but if you want to truly hear a "10 minute prog-rock nightmare" check this out: Come Wander With me / Deliverance by Anna von Hausswolf.

If you like it her album Ceremony was pretty epic as well - I highly recommend it.

While I love Hausswolff, if you TRULY wanna hear a 10 minute prog-rock nightmare, check this out:

eh this is nice. back then I was dreading the idea Muse could do some song IN 10 MINUTES. While these long songs to do are kind of okay but...

That indeed reminds me the old prog rock times when it kept hitting off longer and longer on.

well 10 minutes doesn't really count as a drag when it comes to long as fuck prog stuff..

My opinion hasn't changed since i first heard it... unil the riff kicks in is good, after that i only listened to it once. Looks like is building to something epic and then just ends up going nowhere, very disappointing :(

When i saw the making of i thought the song would go on with a heavy outro after the Helsinki Jam riff.

Edited by White Heat

What is bloody wrong with the ending, i like heavy metal and i like the ending.

I'm sure people really like the heavy bit in the song but i think it was nice bit and i really like the slow part.

I think it's mostly born out of people wishing the heavy part was longer, and thus resent the piano section for coming too soon.

That, and it is a really bog standard, generic Muse piano section.

I really like the ending. I'll still defend that. I also think it was a good length, the other two parts being the parts ended prematurely. I just have a thing for that kind of ballad style.

That said it's still disappointing the last 7 minutes of the album are not written by Muse.

• 7 months later...
You can listen to it without premium now, I think. I don't have premium, but can still listen to it.

Ah right , wasn't aware of this.

Regarding the lyrics, I'm glad that he's now changing it to 'now', suits the theme better than 'babe' imo

• 2 months later...

Anyone knows why Matt uses a Strat for this live? When I was at the Toronto show and the heavy guitar section came in I distinctly remember thinking it sounded thin and the tone was bad - it was only watching vids later I realized it wasn't the Manson 7 :(

Any thoughts?