Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Sounds a bit similar, but doesn't mean the song was written at the time.

True! Sounds very similar i think, and yeh ita only a few bars but shows that theres been ideas around for a while. My previous comment about it being written for the 2nd, cant find any info on it so must have got confused somewhere.

It's a combination of Andalusian cadence and circle progression, not sure if it has a name. Both are fairly common in their own right, less so when used together.

Easily has a similar idea in its progression, using an extended Andalusian which resolves via the same VI-V turnaround.

the backing choir vocals during the globalist riff remind me of vampire the masquerade bloodlines for some reason :LOL:

also that video proves only that the two songs have nothing to do with each other :LOL: was it ever explained WHY exactly TG is supposed to be a sequel?

This is pretty amazing. I wish CE sounded like that on record, and he nailed the extended Globalist part, wish it was like that on the album.

Woah. Not even for the combination, the CE bits on their own sound incredible.

This is pretty amazing. I wish CE sounded like that on record, and he nailed the extended Globalist part, wish it was like that on the album.

It sounds alright, cringe af to watch though.

Honestly, if I was gonna combine the two, I'd have probably included the first quiet section of CE and have that go into the Globalist riffage instead of the CE riff again.

It sounds alright, cringe af to watch though.

Honestly, if I was gonna combine the two, I'd have probably included the first quiet section of CE and have that go into the Globalist riffage instead of the CE riff again.

Yeah I'd do this too. Also trying to write a transition from the heavy ---> piano part like on CE would be interesting too.

the backing choir vocals during the globalist riff remind me of vampire the masquerade bloodlines for some reason :LOL:

also that video proves only that the two songs have nothing to do with each other :LOL: was it ever explained WHY exactly TG is supposed to be a sequel?

Yes. Matt said he sat down with the intent to write a song in a similar style and mindset, and to get back into the swing of writing in his older style.

And then somewhere along the line in evolved into its current form.

He also seems to say there is some lyrical or spiritual connection between the two.

So matt lifted classical music which then perhaps became a part of the backbone of the globalist? Wouldn't be the first time hes lifted entire bars of music from somewhere else (Space deeeeemeeentia)

Space Dementia, Hoodoo, Interlude, USoE, NSC, Collateral Damage, Redemption so definitely not the first time.

• 2 weeks later...