Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Literally love everything about it.

Love the Morricone-ness (big fan of Morricone), love the guitar slides, love the middle section with the haunting vocals over the guitar, and I love the piano section (even though I was sure I wouldn't.)

I think the problem with calling it a sequel to CE is that everyone was expecting another CE.

The part where Matt sings the "They laugh as they watch us fall" is so amazing, just a bit annoying that I cant remember the real lyrics :LOL:

That melody is great. I also really like the lyrics in the first part

All 3 parts of Exo would not make a much more (if at all) cohesive song if they were cut down to fit under 10 minutes total.
Not sure why it matters? Why would they need to be cut down? Was The Globalist?

Not sure why it matters? Why would they need to be cut down? Was The Globalist?

Considering one of the biggest complaints of the middle section was its length and early cutoff. Each part of Exogensis had time to build and fade. Putting it into a single track (I think the vinyl transitions better) wouldn't change that.

Considering one of the biggest complaints of the middle section was its length and early cutoff. Each part of Exogensis had time to build and fade. Putting it into a single track (I think the vinyl transitions better) wouldn't change that.
But it was Muse's decision to do so, it wasn't as if they were forced to keep it at a maximum of 10 minutes, so not sure what you're making an argument for. And of course putting it into a single track wouldn't change that, who said it would?

I see a big issue in the lack of cohesion in The Globalist as these unexpanded poorly transitioned parts.

"the three parts of exogenesis make a lot more cohesive song than the three parts of the globalist though."

And I say the three parts of Exo are more fleshed out serving as a fitting beginning middle and end with each part being satisfying. They're not really cohesive but this is why I would see it as at least a more cohesive song.

Trying to compress Exogenesis into 2/3 of its running time might result in the same feeling of unexpanded sections that rushes through poorly paced. This could analogously be the same thing that happened with The Globalist. Not to say The Globalist started out as 3 longer songs but that each movement ends up feeling inconclusive as if it were 3 different songs chopped up and put together.

I see a big issue in the lack of cohesion in The Globalist as these unexpanded poorly transitioned parts.

"the three parts of exogenesis make a lot more cohesive song than the three parts of the globalist though."

And I say the three parts of Exo are more fleshed out serving as a fitting beginning middle and end with each part being satisfying. They're not really cohesive but this is why I would see it as at least a more cohesive song.

Trying to compress Exogenesis into 2/3 of its running time might result in the same feeling of unexpanded sections that rushes through poorly paced. This could analogously be the same thing that happened with The Globalist. Not to say The Globalist started out as 3 longer songs but that each movement ends up feeling inconclusive as if it were 3 different songs chopped up and put together.

I'm with you up until that last part. I just don't see why this is even mentioned. Compressing The Globalist has never been mentioned, and there is no reason to believe that ever happened. Obviously The Globalist would have felt more cohesive if each part had more time to fit into the next, but that didn't happen. It's like saying T2L would have been more cohesive if they put more similar songs on it.

I don't know how else to say this.

"Maybe the reason Exogenesis would seem like a more cohesive song put together is because each movement is more fulfilled than the movements of The Globalist."

It was a passing unimportant thought. If it still seems confusing I'm dropping it anyways.

I don't know how else to say this.

"Maybe the reason Exogenesis would seem like a more cohesive song put together is because each movement is more fulfilled than the movements of The Globalist."

It was a passing unimportant thought. If it still seems confusing I'm dropping it anyways.

No that makes total sense, what was confusing was the argument about cutting Exo down to 10 minutes in your first post.