Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Gave it a couple of listens... will probably evolve my opinions with even further listens.

Overall, I like the song pretty well. Definitely a few nitpicks here and there, but nothing that hurts my overall feelings about the song and album and expectations. I'm in the camp that interpreted the song as a "1) Hero's slow turn into authority. 2) World gets destroyed. 3) Regret." motif. The lyrics and the instrumentals back this up. I would have loved for the heavy part to be longer and a bit more varied, but the sudden end definitely gives me a "fade to white" visual. The piano ending is long, but it's beautiful.

Not sure how they'll play this live, but I'm looking forward to finding out. Will they do CE and then Globalist in full and back to back? Or Globalist then CE? Or perhaps a mashup of the two so that they're one song but condensed? All are viable options.

But I'm looking forward to finding out. I'm definitely excited about the tour. The album is a great one--way better than the last two Muse have put out. It'll take me a long while to decide where it ranks with OoS, Absolution, and BH&R. But I'm overall quite happy with Muse's latest output. And if there are people who hate it, well, better for me. Less competitors for concert tickets. :D

Love the start of this song. Although the riff in the middle section is good, I feel it gets a bit repetitive after a bit - could have done with more variation or even some vocals in this bit. Then I feel perhaps the piano bit at the end is a bit long - seems to go on forever. Matt probably could have been a bit more concise with his lyrics.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song though!

Is this song still Premium only in Spotify?

It is on mine at least.

Drones does work very nicely as an outro to The Globalist. I do like the song and have done from the get-go, unlike other here, but I do think the middle could be longer - perhaps even go on and jut be the rest of the song. But the piano on the end is at least better than Revolt.

I'm really confused as to why this song was billed as Citizen Erased 2.

It's so much more like a sequel or sidequal to United States of Eurasia in my mind.

It's alright. It's not quite as big and impress as I would have expected from a sing of its length.

Well duh.

My point is that everytime someone mentions that Exo should be considered a single piece, someone (rightfully) says that it's not.

Instead now many are praising how well The Globalist works as a whole and how well it flows etc.

#conceptalbum

I'm really confused as to why this song was billed as Citizen Erased 2.

It's so much more like a sequel or sidequal to United States of Eurasia in my mind.

It's alright. It's not quite as big and impress as I would have expected from a sing of its length.

The first part of the song (with the singing) does seem like a Citizen Erased sequel to me.