Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

My try on extending the super amazing middle section...

http://youtu.be/Gr7y4tyLle4

The last bit - here referred to as the tremolo section - is so damn amazing. And yes, I agree, it ends way to soon.

I absolutely respect the work of Muse on this song, for me one of the best songs they have written, however just for the sake of give it a try, I prolonged this section.

My try on extending the super amazing middle section...

http://youtu.be/Gr7y4tyLle4

The last bit - here referred to as the tremolo section - is so damn amazing. And yes, I agree, it ends way to soon.

I absolutely respect the work of Muse on this song, for me one of the best songs they have written, however just for the sake of give it a try, I prolonged this section.

Blocked in less than a minute, that's got to be a new record.

Blocked in less than a minute, that's got to be a new record.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes maybe a new record. Indeed, it was up for less than two minutes. And I even changed the speed of the track. I would have loved to hear your feedback on this, since so many of you here aren`t happy with the musical development of that section.

What I did:

I repeated the first 4 bars of the tremolo section.

You cannot use the last bit of this section for a repetition, since there is a ritardando at the end.

Then I went back to the section which starts at 5:57 - this transition works so well!

Then back to the tremolo section with the repeated first 4 bars and then the "normal" transition into the piano part.

Works amazing. I will stick to my new version of that...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes maybe a new record. Indeed, it was up for less than two minutes. And I even changed the speed of the track. I would have loved to hear your feedback on this, since so many of you here aren`t happy with the musical development of that section.

What I did:

I repeated the first 4 bars of the tremolo section.

You cannot use the last bit of this section for a repetition, since there is a ritardando at the end.

Then I went back to the section which starts at 5:57 - this transition works so well!

Then back to the tremolo section with the repeated first 4 bars and then the "normal" transition into the piano part.

Works amazing. I will stick to my new version of that...

This sounds great! Just stick it up somewhere else than YT (I second the picosong suggestion)

Also, anyone else really annoyed by the bass tone in the "heavy" section in this song? It sounds so weak and crap, it undermines the whole thing

Wouldn't mind hearing a reworked version of this myself. If there's enough of a reaction, maybe Muse themselves will conjure a different arrangement, like when they reinstated the extra parts of Assassin.

Wouldn't mind hearing a reworked version of this myself. If there's enough of a reaction, maybe Muse themselves will conjure a different arrangement, like when they reinstated the extra parts of Assassin.

I'd be so up for that

There's 0% chance for that happening

This sounds great! Just stick it up somewhere else than YT (I second the picosong suggestion)

Also, anyone else really annoyed by the bass tone in the "heavy" section in this song? It sounds so weak and crap, it undermines the whole thing

??? The bass tone hits harder than the guitar; putting that much distortion on the guitar makes it less punchy, so the bass had to compensate. It's fine to me but I can't hear the bass at all during the part when the trem riff comes in

Nimrod is one of the greatest pieces of music ever and it really fits in well here.

I love this song but it does not quite reach the emotive levels of Exo 2 & 3

I listened to Exo again today (skipped the rest of the album) and I can comfortably say it's wasted on TR. Bloody sublime. I, however, think it's way too early to start comparing Globalist with it, I'm going to need a few months before I can reach a verdict :LOL:

I listened to Exo again today (skipped the rest of the album) and I can comfortably say it's wasted on TR. Bloody sublime. I, however, think it's way too early to start comparing Globalist with it, I'm going to need a few months before I can reach a verdict :LOL:

I agree as I think Exo 2 & 3 are amongst the most beautiful pieces of music ever.

I only compared them with the end of the Globalist as they are both classically based, are at the end of an album and deal with similar end of the world themes.

Hopefully when they do the UK tour next year they will perform the album in its entirity as all concept albums should be performed. I think I will be close to tears at the end ( Citizen Erased and Invincible have a similar effect )

You mean "They'll laugh as they watch us fall"? :LOL:

Also: Why is this track 'Premium-Only' on spotify?

Complete coincidence, but the types of "characters" in both songs fit together.

Hopefully this doesn't mean US makes an appearance for the arena tours, as Matt claimed he was going to use other songs that fit hit themes... Bad enough I'm going to have to hear Animals again, only without the amazing graphics.

I'm starting to warm to this more now. The heavy section, while it lasts, is amazing. Those distant vocals before the countdown are brilliantly eerie and I expect the whole 'countdown + explosion' bit to be absolutely mega live. It ends too soon, but I always tend to appreciate things that leave me wanting more than things that give me too much (Psycho/The Handler).

The piano section drags a little bit but it's got some great vocals. Just could've done without that instrumental bit from 8:25 to 9:09.